PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] I can not install karmic and lucid alpha

technocan
December 19th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Hi friends

I had a problem with karmic installation on my compaq 615.when I try to install it I can't get the boot screen after selecting install ubuntu or install without changing your computer.I only see a black screen and after few minutes the dvd drive stop spinning.I tried lucids first alpha and ıt was same.what you advice me to do...

fanglinyong
December 19th, 2009, 02:53 PM
ok,i think your cd is bad, had you had another cd try?

sanderj
December 19th, 2009, 04:01 PM
On my Dell Studio 1535, 9.04 was OK, but 9.10 and Lucid don't boot or boot very slowly. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/404899

I don't know whether this is the same as the problem with your laptop, as your laptop is quite different from mine.

Advice:
1) turn off "quiet splash" in the boot options and then see at what stage the boot process stops.
2) use another computer to boot Karmic/Lucid and create a bootable USB stick, and see if that works in your Compaq laptop.

technocan
December 19th, 2009, 06:05 PM
when you were answering this I was updating my bios so I checked my ati driver version and I see it was updated too.I started to install karmic .Isucced to boot from cd but a bit slowly and then I installed succesfully .When I try to boot new karmic installation I saw a big black screen again .I don't know where was the mistake