PDA

View Full Version : Recurring Discussion red button pushed too often?

hobo14
December 19th, 2009, 03:20 AM
I wonder about the wisdom in having a Recurring Discussions forum, and the number of threads that are moved there.
It effectively bans threads on the most popular topics from existing in the Cafe, and assuming others are like me, the Recurring Discussions forum doesn't have many (relatively) visitors.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike "Win vs Ubuntu", "Arch vs Ubuntu" etc as much as anyone but I don't think it justifies the existence of the Recurring Discussions thread, and I think it is used far too often. It should only be used in the most extreme cases, and, only on request.

The Cafe is drifting away from "discussions you'd find at a water cooler" towards "discussions you'd find in primary school" or "discussions you'd have when high".

Mike'sHardLinux
December 19th, 2009, 03:22 AM
I think maybe it is not used enough. Just check out the "Dream PC" thread that just popped up. There's already a thread just a few below to "post your system".

phrostbyte
December 19th, 2009, 03:24 AM
I wish I had access to the Recurring Discussion red button, I'd ensure you it would be a much more "active" forum. :) There is also a lot of support/programming questions here that would be best moved to the right subforums, especially programming questions because that subforum needs some more activity. :)