PDA

View Full Version : Debate on 9.04 and 9.10 like or dislike

Extract_Here
December 18th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Hey guys I've been using ubuntu 9.04 for a year and i tried 9.10 and found it to be buggy. I like 9.04 much better what do you guys have to say?:popcorn:

alphaniner
December 18th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Froinlaven.

wojox
December 18th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I liked Jaunty. it was better than Intrepid. Like Karmic even better. When you tried Karmic did you do a fresh install or just upgrade from within 9.04?

madnessjack
December 18th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Both very good. Honestly. However, I'm sure you can find many more opinions by searching these forums :)

Crunchy the Headcrab
December 18th, 2009, 11:26 PM
Karmic is less buggy for me. Not that Jaunty was super buggy or anything. Loving my Karmic though.

murderslastcrow
December 18th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I think the only things people have problems with have to do with video drivers and the such, since from Intrepid to Karmic there was this huge Intel debacle that pretty much got fixed kinda'.

Soooo... yeah, Karmic has a lot of improvements it's hard to ignore. I think Lucid will be a better show of what they hoped to introduce in Karmic, since the Ubuntu Software Center isn't all-in-one yet and there are still a few transitions to different packages that didn't yield great results (the new sound management is awesome but lack themeability, for example).

Extract_Here
December 19th, 2009, 12:40 AM
I tried to update from 9.04 and when i struck the X on my keyboard the computer literally shutdown so i wasnt to happy about the distro maybe Ill try the live cd. Did that work well for everyone?

pt123
December 19th, 2009, 01:24 AM
PulseAudio is so much better in Karmic, but currently this is annoying me the most in KK:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1357718

WinterMadness
December 19th, 2009, 01:30 AM
thats funny. I used 9.04 and found it to be really great. Then I used 9.10 and it was quite possibly the most awful linux experience ive ever had. I disliked it so much that ive switched to Mandriva.

It should be said, that i really like KDE. KDE gets no love from the (k)Ubuntu team

Marvin666
December 19th, 2009, 01:31 AM
I started on jaunty xubuntu (first wubi, then dual boot), and intend to use it for a new pure linux install this month. I also made a live cd of karmic, and both of them in kde. Might use them, but for now sticking to what I started on.

USB_NL
December 19th, 2009, 01:46 AM
Hi all,

Wen I right-click now and other click like links with eeebuntu 904 in Firefox with full screen (F11) using an eee pc 900 multi card drive with sd-card The background image apears in a snap seconde is that some normal function or a glitch? Anyway i dont like it nor get it any suggestions?

USbeARS

USB_NL
December 19th, 2009, 01:51 AM
Hi all,

Wen I right-click now and other click like links with eeebuntu 904 in Firefox with full screen (F11) using an eee pc 900 multi card drive with sd-card The background image apears in a snap seconde is that some normal function or a glitch? Anyway i dont like it nor get it any suggestions?

USbeARS

it think its the to much washed keybord it hangs somewhere

SORRY :lolflag:

USB_NL
December 19th, 2009, 02:08 AM
it think its the to much washed keybord it hangs somewhere

SORRY :lolflag:

On an older machine i have sometimes wen i watch avi with vlc that the system crashes and cant:( boot anymore the old presario crashes often but with a movie it has tollay gone bootles for me it is on the harddrive installed itś a battery thing i guess because itś totaly bad only few minutes it works

MooPi
December 19th, 2009, 02:13 AM
Bug free, I must live in the Arctic. Nary a problem to mention, though my sisters computer went into shock over the upgrade. I did a clean install and everything is more than expected. I use Openbox and installed apps show up correctly without editing. Big bonus.