PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Can't stop Evolution from launching at login

ahorriblemess
December 18th, 2009, 10:33 PM
I started using Evolution but now I want to use Thunderbird. The problem is, I can't get Evolution to stop launching at login. It's not in Startup Applications (except for Evolution Alarm Notifier which I disabled).

I hope this is in the right section.
I did a forum search and didn't find exactly what I was looking for, admittedly only searching through the first three pages.

Edit-I uninstalled it but I still see "starting Evolution" when I log on. Besides, I would like to know how to disable it without uninstalling it.

3Miro
December 19th, 2009, 05:13 AM
System -> Settings/Prefs then Session or Start up applications should have something about this. I don't remember the exact name.

ahorriblemess
December 19th, 2009, 06:37 AM
It's not in Startup Applications (except for Evolution Alarm Notifier which I disabled).

wojox
December 19th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Not all of evolution gets removed. Evolution-data-server and evolution-data-server-common are still there. Their used to control the calendars.

ahorriblemess
December 19th, 2009, 07:05 AM
But is it safe to remove them? I remember trying to remove certain things in 7.10 and not being able to because of other programs dependencies to them... if that makes sense.