PDA

View Full Version : Switched to Chrome

KrazyPenguin
December 18th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Hey, I just switched to Chrome from Firefox.

Looks like heavy development, new extensions are coming out everyday.

Why i switched: it's faster, i didn't believe it at first, but yes it is.
My online work schedule actually works flawlessly with Chrome, with firefox it didn't work 100%.

It looks slicker.

It now has Speeddial, i like the location of the weather, gmail icons, and the calclator keeps the old entries diplayed.

Cool!!!!! And it's only goint to get better!!!
:guitar:

bruno9779
December 18th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I switched too, I think it is great.

By the way, expect an amount of posts bashing chrome and google's privacy policy

clanky
December 18th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I have been using Chrome since the beta, I love the look and feel of it and I find it really fast, only gripe I have is that it fails to load pages fairly regularly, but nothing a refresh can't solve.

RiceMonster
December 18th, 2009, 03:50 PM
I've switched as well. I love the interface, it's very fast, and very well designed. Now that I can get adblocking, It's got everything I want. Only problem is I get some problems with full screen flash on some sites (when you exit full screen, the video will not play properly again until you go back).

HappinessNow
December 18th, 2009, 03:53 PM
The nice thing about using Google Chrome as your default browser is that you can now download and test Minefield to help in development.

clanky
December 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM
The nice thing about using Google Chrome as your default browser is that you can now download and test Minefield to help in development.

Yeah, you could...

...or you could just watch po err, educational videos

drawkcab
December 18th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Mozilla needs to fire back with Minefield

beastrace91
December 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Sooo... How long till we see all these "I'm now using Chrome browser" start getting bumped to reoccurring discussions? There are a lot of them floating around now...

~Jeff

orlox
December 18th, 2009, 04:01 PM
I switched too, I think it is great.

By the way, expect an amount of posts bashing chrome and google's privacy policy

That kind of posting always reminds me of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMChO0qNbkY&feature=PlayList&p=58NKeitRqbE#)

I'm also using chrome. However, I find myself switching often between chrome and firefox as my defaults. Guess in this world where there are always many good choices in software, one has to be able to switch easily (be it OS, DE, browser, etc...)

HappinessNow
December 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM
That kind of posting always reminds me of this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMChO0qNbkY&feature=PlayList&p=58NKeitRqbE#)

I'm also using chrome. However, I find myself switching often between chrome and firefox as my defaults. Guess in this world where there are always many good choices in software, one has to be able to switch easily (be it OS, DE, browser, etc...)
true. Maintaining pliability is key.

adeypoop
December 18th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Sooo... How long till we see all these "I'm now using Chrome browser" start getting bumped to reoccurring discussions? There are a lot of them floating around now...

~Jeff

Agreed. I'm happy that you like chrome good for you, I'll stick with swiftfox

Grifulkin
December 18th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I think the mods should merge some threads, just saying. As a suggestion.

Wiebelhaus
December 18th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Yes , It's a very solid and promising contribution.

JayKay3000
December 18th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Using FireFox, no probs.

I used to have to keep the most common web browsers on my comp when doing web development.

So I have tried Chrome but after using it for a month or so as my main browser I decided I just prefer ff to chrome and when the time came to wipe my pc again I found myself just gravitating to FireFox rather than Internet explorer, chrome or opera.

Opera is pretty nice though.

younus_malik
December 19th, 2009, 06:05 AM
for last couple of years i wanted to switch to ubuntu but everytime i switched to ubuntu, something came up and i had to go back... with google chrome i thing 90% of the issues solved... i looks beautiful it looks sleek and i am thrilled to see that it looks exactly as it looks in XP (which is good for me)

no offence to firefox but it looks ugly and so heavy (even on my 2.1 c2duo machine)

the only real thing now remains is the ugle looking interface...

yes i know there are tons of themes available but honestly none of them look even closer to windows xp's themes (2000ish stuff)

with so much bigger linux community, we definitely need to work on the interface now so that everything looks integrated and as sleek as google chrome looks on ubuntu...fonts needs to look as good as they look good on mac or windows... and that day will be ubuntu's day

KrazyPenguin
December 19th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Well i started this thread, and like somebody said there are many flying around, so sorry about that.

But for good reason I suppose.

The idea of Chrome is to be your desktop.
Here is the vid on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QRO3gKj3qw

Did you know most people wouldn't turn on there computer in the morning if their internet wasn't working.

The idea of Chrome is to BE the desktop, not to be the browser. Maybe that is why I am finding it slicker and more functional than firefox, even though firefox has more extensions.

Google definitely has the right idea IMO, and if Ubuntu and most of the other distros keep going in the direction they are heading, they just might find them self bump out of the show.

I agree with the google os video, if I can just BE online in the morning and have my apps all run through my browser, i would be one happy camper.

:-)