PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Openbox forgets gtk theme

mooreted
December 18th, 2009, 02:51 AM
I can set a GTK theme for my windows in Openbox, but every time I log back in, OB "forgets" the theme and I have to set it again.

Is there a way to make OB play nice with GTK themes?

VCoolio
December 18th, 2009, 12:07 PM
How do you set it? If you have gnome-settings-daemon running at login then it should remember what you set with gnome-appearance-properties. Else you can set your theme in ~/.gtkrc-2.0 like this: gtk-theme-name = "theme-name".
If you don't have gnome-settings-daemon as startup application and you set your theme every time with gnome-appearance-properties, then you could make gnome-settings-daemon start by default. It's started automatically if you run gnome-appearance-properties.

mooreted
December 18th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Thank you; that was the problem. gnome-settings-daemon was not starting when logging into OB. I'll add that to my autostart.

VCoolio
December 18th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Thank you; that was the problem. gnome-settings-daemon was not starting when logging into OB. I'll add that to my autostart.

It's up to you, but I prefer using the .gtkrc-2.0 file; you can use lxappearance to change gtk and icon themes, it will edit the file for you. Saves you a process running all the time.

mooreted
December 20th, 2009, 10:00 AM
It's up to you, but I prefer using the .gtkrc-2.0 file; you can use lxappearance to change gtk and icon themes, it will edit the file for you. Saves you a process running all the time.

Good point :)

Thanks again.