PDA

View Full Version : getting a better job

yester64
December 18th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Ok, in this economy its not likely very easy.
But i am kinda stuck and i am a foreigner to the US. So i am not really in touch with the education system and how it works.
I do have an AA, but to my dismay it is somewhat useless. So no i want to figure out which route i should choose to get as quick as possible a good job.
A friend told me to get a certification in a particular field (healthcare). An other option would be to continue from the AA, but that would require me to go to school for some years and i am already past 40.
I do have an ok job and i am even in a union, but it takes a long time to get fulltime to make real good money. (can't disclose where i work).

Not sure how you people do it, but i need enlightenment here. [-o<

Thanks for sharing with me.

markp1989
December 18th, 2009, 12:17 AM
my last post was miss understood by a mod and removed. what i meant was that if you have a stable job (which alot of people who may be better qualified, and know customs better then you etc dont) you are best to stay where you are untill the market pickes up, then think about moving on then.

about getting certified in a field , if the us is anything like the uk, its costs lots of money.

hope this cleares up what i ment better.

( i dont see how my other post was offensive, but some people are to touchy)

KiwiNZ
December 18th, 2009, 12:55 AM
my last post was miss understood by a mod and removed. what i meant was that if you have a stable job (which alot of people who may be better qualified, and know customs better then you etc dont) you are best to stay where you are untill the market pickes up, then think about moving on then.

about getting certified in a field , if the us is anything like the uk, its costs lots of money.

hope this cleares up what i ment better.

( i dont see how my other post was offensive, but some people are to touchy)

The Resolution Centre is where you take issues with moderation