PDA

View Full Version : Gnome with KDE small problem

SpriteSODA
December 17th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Hi guys,

I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 with Gnome and KDE together. I'm using Plasma for the panels and desktop. There is a nice little application in the Gnome menu which is "Search for files and folders" which allowed me to find text strings inside text files, among other things. This nice application is absent from my Kickoff menu and I dont know how to run it.

Any ideas? I really miss it, and the other thing - Connect to Server.

SpriteSODA
December 17th, 2009, 06:30 PM
anyone?

ceramicm
December 17th, 2009, 07:57 PM
gnome-search-tool? and nautilus-connect-server? (If you need to run them, you can use either Alt-F2 or a launcher--I don't know how to add items to the Kicker menu as I use GNOME, sorry).

SpriteSODA
December 17th, 2009, 08:24 PM
gnome-search-tool? and nautilus-connect-server? (If you need to run them, you can use either Alt-F2 or a launcher--I don't know how to add items to the Kicker menu as I use GNOME, sorry).

Thanks alot :)

Marlonsm
December 17th, 2009, 08:45 PM

To edit the menu just right click its icon and select "edit".

There, select the part of the menu you want and click "add item" (or something like that).
And use gnome-search-tool and nautilus-connect-server as the commands, select an icon, a name and it's done.