PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Issues Instaling Ubuntu.

Joel.LMartel
December 17th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Hello,

I posted earlier in a diffrent Area of this Forum With no luck, I hope by posting here i might get a reply. Im having issues instaling Ubuntu on my HP Laptop Computer, It is a HP Pavilion DV9000 more specificaly dv9847. I have tryed Instaling Ubuntu Via Reboot from the cd, Both the demo and the Full instal, at which point the cd drive stops working and i have to restart the compuer. The second thing i tryed was instaling it with in windows at which point i get an error at the end of the instalation. Again, refusing to work. Again i would apreciate any Help or suggestions, IM so sick of using Vista and from what i have read Ubuntu 9.10 has all the drivers for hp dv9000 so someone out there must have manage to instal it.

I have recently Nuked and paved (vista) my computer and still no luck. Im out of idea.

:(

Rmantingh
December 17th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Have you checked whether it isn't actually the CD or your CD drive causing the problems?
There's an option in the Ubuntu CD boot menu to check your CD for errors.
I've sometimes had problems with reading CD's in the past causing failures at different points in the installation process.
Sometimes these problems are caused if a CD is burned on one machine and then used in another.

Joel.LMartel
December 18th, 2009, 12:50 AM
I don think Its the CD to be honest, And I dont believe it to be the CD drive per say either. I think its a combination of things. I haven't had any issue with the CD/DVD/Blu-ray drive. It works fine once the computer is Booted into windows. I think its a Few things... I believe it might be an issue with the hp BIOS? I dunno... When i boot from Ubuntu CD. I do get the Full Menu Ubunto from disk, Instal Ubuntu, Check For compatibility Etc. I can scroll And do any of the F key Features however as soon as i select one of the main features, that is when the Dvd drive stops working. :confused:

Thanks for the reply! Im gonna go try somethings els here... Hopefuly it works. Any other Ideas is more the welcome. Thank.

darkod
December 18th, 2009, 12:53 AM
I don't know whether it will do the same, but creating bootable usb stick with the ubuntu ISO is one option too. In few cases with unexplained cd behavior, using usb stick worked.

Joel.LMartel
December 19th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Thats a Good idea, Im may have to try that. Thanks Darkod

Joel.LMartel
December 20th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Again i have to thank you darkod for that suggestion... So Simple yet i didnt think of it... Anyways, I Managed to install Ubuntu Via USB drive. It worked Flawless. Thanks again! Now to figure out why Gnome Go is running so darn slow... :popcorn: