PDA

View Full Version : Will you guys listen to my band? :-D

tegnoto89
December 17th, 2009, 08:39 AM
We're an 8-piece pop-ska-rock band from Syracuse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdwFMP5YGX8

Crunchy the Headcrab
December 17th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Of course, since you were kind enough to post a youtube link, instead of some crusty, scary, untrustworthy site. I never click those.

ad_267
December 17th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Nice!

Sin@Sin-Sacrifice
December 17th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Wow... pretty good. One thing though. Is your bass player a music major? Tell him/her to start listening to some Les Claypool, Rhyknow (mudvayne), Victor Wooten, Michael Manring, and Flea because s/he could have gone nuts on that solo. When does the album come out?

AllRadioisDead
December 17th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Love it.

itang sanjana
December 17th, 2009, 10:12 AM
Awesome! Love the intro most. Sicily traditional?

koleoptero
December 17th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Well done! I don't usually listen to this kind of music but this was good. :D

3rdalbum
December 17th, 2009, 01:40 PM
I'm listening to it now. It sounds really awesome.

You need to have the album purchasable in a way that Linux users can get it. Wanna put it on Jamendo or Magnatune or something? I'd definitely buy it based on the strength of this track and the fact that you asked nicely :-)

fatcrab
December 17th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Brass!! I love it\\:D/.

User3k
December 17th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I like what I heard. Nice to see Syracuse actually has something good up there ;) lol

Chilli Bob
December 17th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I almost switched off during the intro, but once you reach about 0:30 it really takes off. Not bad at all. Strange as it seems, the band you most remind me of is Cherry Poppin' Daddies, even though they are a different genre.

pwnst*r
December 17th, 2009, 02:33 PM
awesome, but not a fan of the singer. if that's you, sorry.

LinuxFanBoi
December 17th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Might be worth putting a demo out on bit torrent. Don't for a minute think that record companies don't have their feelers out for good talent. It may get you the exposure that you need to get their attention. Best case scenario, you get a deal with a label. at worst, you continue on doing what your doing now.

tegnoto89
December 18th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Wow... pretty good. One thing though. Is your bass player a music major? Tell him/her to start listening to some Les Claypool, Rhyknow (mudvayne), Victor Wooten, Michael Manring, and Flea because s/he could have gone nuts on that solo. When does the album come out?

Nope, our bassist is actually an accounting major. We have our full album out now-- it's called the college try. It's on amazon and itunes! I'll certainly look into putting it on jamuendo and a torrent hosting site.

awesome, but not a fan of the singer. if that's you, sorry.

Haha, yes, that is me. No hard feelings- I've had to learn to take criticism as a music major whether it be constructive or not.

Thank you guys for listening and all the feedback! I we really appreciate it.

n0glu3
December 18th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Original?

pwnst*r
December 18th, 2009, 03:34 AM
Nope, our bassist is actually an accounting major. We have our full album out now-- it's called the college try. It's on amazon and itunes! I'll certainly look into putting it on jamuendo and a torrent hosting site.

Haha, yes, that is me. No hard feelings- I've had to learn to take criticism as a music major whether it be constructive or not.

how old are you? for what it's worth, it's not that you can't sing, i just don't care for your voice. you sound like you're 12 ;D when it gets a little deeper, it'll be a lot better, imo.

also, as a guitar player myself, kudos to you and your band for sticking it out and playing. hopefully you guys/gals will keep it up.

bluelamp999
December 18th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Fantastic!

Great full brass sound which reminds me of Dexy's Midnight Runners brass section (this is a high compliment btw!)

Energetic and fun, I'd imagine you're a blast in a live scenario.

Good luck...

witeshark17
December 18th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Very nice! :cool:

User3k
December 18th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Again I am going to say that I liked what I hear. I am a person that listens to all music. I like when I hear different styles coming together like that. I get tired of the same old music or the so called popular music. It all sounds the same and there is no imagination. I would love to hear what you guys sound like in a few years.

Exodist
December 18th, 2009, 05:15 AM
I agree.

In addition the lead singers voice could be a little more clairvoyant. Could be the mic tho. Sounded like his nose was stopped up.

Other then that, the group sounded very talented. The music just wasnt something I would want to listen to. Not my genre..

3rdalbum
December 18th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Amazon discriminates against 64-bit users so I can't buy the album in MP3. Well I can, but it involves paying individual MP3 prices.

I really liked the tracks on your Myspace page, so I bought the album in CD-R format from Amazon. Good luck to your guys, I'm sure I'll enjoy your album when it arrives!

hoppipolla
December 18th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Sounds really cool! Good rhythm and melody! *skanks* ^_^

shadow of the locust
December 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM
i only REALLY like 3 ska bands:

five iron frenzy, the supertones and honeylocust.

that said, i thought the music on the song you posted off youtube was great. im not that fussed on the vocals, but thats not to say that others wouldnt enjoy them.

i saw on your myspace that youve supported flatfoot 56. awesome! ive had 3 chances to see them now and for one reason or another it hasnt worked out, but i have 4 of their albums and theyre wonderful. they seem like a nice bunch of guys too.

i'll add your myspace page later.

jayze
December 18th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Yep!...slow it down a bit....(ska!???)...get rid of the red college boy gear...find a few females...and you'll make a mint...try listening to some old ub40...and bear in mind that I'm an old fogie that knows B@@@@@r all about music. verdict KOOL...will send link to grandchildren if you like..they'd be more in the know!:guitar:

starcannon
December 18th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Very good, I had almost forgotten this genre of music; looks like it's time to go to Amazon and get some ska.

I see that you are using iTunes as an outlet; thats cool, but could you look into Amazon or Jamendo, or somewhere else as well. iTunes doesn't run natively on Linux and I'm too lazy to reinstall XP on a virtual machine.

Excellent band, fantastic.

GL