PDA

View Full Version : Using Opera again by happenstance, I have to say Opera is always quite amazing!

HappinessNow
December 16th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Using Opera again by happenstance, I have to say Opera is always quite amazing!

While Firefox and Google Chrome/chromium are quite nice, neither seem as polished as Opera.

maybe I'll take a break from Google Chrome/Chromium for a while and use Opera again.

sdowney717
December 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM
to setup auto scrolling on opera
Hold down the shift key and press the middle mouse button. It will give you a dialog prompting the user what to do on middle click.
select panning, select horizontal.
it scrolls very smoothly

also check out opera unite to share files and host your own website off your own pc.

also my opera will give you 2gb free storage

Linuxforall
December 16th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Use Opera since 2x, also use it for mail, I use Chrome as my alternate backup, but primary browser remains Opera no matter what.

HappinessNow
December 16th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Hold down the shift key and press the middle mouse button. It will give you a dialog prompting the user what to do on middle click.
it scrolls very smoothly

also check out opera unite to share files and host your own website off your own pc.

also my opera will give you 2gb free storageThanks for all the great pointers, it is much appreciated!

Use Opera since 2x, also use it for mail, I use Chrome as my alternate backup, but primary browser remains Opera no matter what.Opera and Chrome will be my two primary Web Browsers, I can open them both up in the time it takes Firefox to open, I'll keep Firefox as the third choice.

sdowney717
December 16th, 2009, 04:00 PM
http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/opera/

found this for ad blocking. was easy to put the file in the .opera folder
works so far.

i simply used the first one

Techsnap
December 16th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I've used Opera for years, and it's absolutely brilliant, always my browser of choice and a great thing about it is, it works on virtually every OS.

Tibuda
December 16th, 2009, 04:11 PM
While Firefox and Google Chrome/chromium are quite nice, neither seem as polished as Opera.

What do you mean by polished?

HappinessNow
December 16th, 2009, 04:11 PM
http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/opera/

found this for ad blocking. was easy to put the file in the .opera folder
works so far.

i simply used the first oneAwesome! Thanks for the share.

HappinessNow
December 16th, 2009, 04:12 PM
What do you mean by polished?polished simply means I like it better. :P

Tibuda
December 16th, 2009, 04:13 PM
polished simply means I like it better. :P

ok, thanks

whiskeylover
December 16th, 2009, 04:14 PM
it scrolls very smoothly

Awesome! Thanks, that helped a lot!

Dragonbite
December 16th, 2009, 04:16 PM
I use it on my Windows box right now, and I like the real estate it gives me, with the "tabs" being preview pics along the left side, and opening up to the speeddial page.

I like it as the "alternative", since it isn't quite as compatible with website as Firefox, but it pretty close.

infestor
December 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
presto sucks...period