PDA

View Full Version : Internship,

geearf
February 24th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Hello,

I'm not sure if this is a right place to ask for it ... but as many people here work in the IT field I will ..

I'm looking for a nice end of study internship (at least 5 months) to end my engineer studies.
Any country where I can work is okay (I'm french, so european, and American, I know a little strange ..).

I'm trying right now different things, and having different interviews but it's quite hard to find something really interesting, and out of my home country (France). (I'd like to travel a bit).

Thanks for anything :)

geearf
March 3rd, 2006, 03:20 PM
:cry:

somuchfortheafter
March 3rd, 2006, 03:46 PM
posting your current skillset and the areas in which you hope to improve may increase your results.

geearf
March 3rd, 2006, 06:21 PM
Yes you may be right thanks.
I'm finishing my engineer studies right now, I just need the internship to get my diploma :).
For now, I am mostly a C/JAVA/PHP developer but I'm willing to work with any language needed.

I have some past experiences with major brand (like Cisco Systems, or The Pasteur Institute).

briancurtin
March 3rd, 2006, 08:06 PM
just start applying to places, maybe ones you read about or know are good companies. id have to guess that there are very few people on this board in hiring positions that can help you out directly, but you really have to look around for places

SVFUSiON
March 3rd, 2006, 08:25 PM
monster.com ?

geearf
March 3rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
just start applying to places, maybe ones you read about or know are good companies. id have to guess that there are very few people on this board in hiring positions that can help you out directly, but you really have to look around for places
I know that's what I'm doing.
But I'm a very difficult guy somehow, I don't want my end of study internship to be something quite silly (even if it would require some work), I want a trully interesting project (I'm not asking to be team-leader or anything really great, just something I have to think about, not just code ...), and I have some things going on, but mostly in France and as I want to travel again (just went back from studying in Oslo) I thought I'd ask the ubuntu people :) but maybe you're right and there are not a lot of hiring people here, though I still may get some ideas from you guys that might be really great and helpful.

geearf
March 3rd, 2006, 09:34 PM
monster.com ?
I'm on all monster that I can understand, but it's not so much oriented to internship (well it seems).

Thanks.

geearf
May 5th, 2006, 11:00 PM
well just if anyone in this topic wanted to know, I ended at dassault systèmes, doing a physics engine, so I'm pretty happy about, I've been there for a month already.

The only bad point (to me) is that I wanted to travel, and I'm still in Paris ..

endersshadow
May 6th, 2006, 03:02 AM
Mayhaps look into Google's Summer of Code (http://code.google.com/soc/)?

geearf
May 6th, 2006, 10:21 AM
I will do that yes no worries :)

But thanks for passing by,