PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is there an easy way to install program from repo?

d3w4
December 15th, 2009, 04:14 PM
I just downloaded Ubuntu 9.10 repo (using the fast connection at my school) and burned all 7 of them. Now, comes the annoying thing, even though I only want to install one program (VLC) but I have to open and close, open and close, open and close the CDs, just for one program only. This not happened the last time I use repo before (7.04 if I'm not wrong).

Beside copying all of them to hard disk (which is not my preferable way, since my hd is full), is there an easy (read: lazy) way to do this?

Thanks before.

emigrant
December 15th, 2009, 04:23 PM
go to system-admin-software sources-thirdparty software and add cd rom. sorry from mobile and it doesnt have the arrow symbol.

d3w4
December 15th, 2009, 04:27 PM
I've already done that. What annoying me most is, if I want to install a program which consists 23 packages, synaptic just copy one or two packages from a disc and ask to open another disc, copy two or three packages, and ask again the first disk to be inserted, and copy only two and three packages and ... back and forth.

Why don't Synaptic copy the whole packages needed in one disc, not just one or two and then goes to next disc to copy another whole packages needed.

d3w4
December 16th, 2009, 01:35 AM
No, I think there's no easy way. I've already search for nearly 3 hours without results.
So, I guess it's a goodbye to repositories. If I want to install WAMP, I *have* to use XAMPP, if I want to watch movies, I *have* to watch them on Windoze. Or I *have* to reinstall Ubuntu 7.04 back. The unfortunate effects of a PC without internet connection.