PDA

View Full Version : tastes great and it's less filling too

fuscia
February 24th, 2006, 11:00 AM
not less filling, as in lite beer. less filling as in resources.

rxvt
sylpheed-claws
xmms
conky
links2 (net, file browser, image display, etc.)

what's your diet like?

PatrickMay16
February 24th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Myself, I've been using a combination of IceWM, rxvt, Dillo, and ROX filer for when I need lightness, like on my older computer.

fuscia
February 24th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Myself, I've been using a combination of IceWM, rxvt, Dillo, and ROX filer for when I need lightness, like on my older computer.

did you do something about the ssl problem with dillo? i tried compiling it to account for it and it still never worked. links2 still has the problem, but it can do some other things dillo can't. it will be interesting to see how dillo is when it uses fltk.

Stormy Eyes
February 24th, 2006, 03:05 PM
not less filling, as in lite beer. less filling as in resources.

rxvt
sylpheed-claws
xmms
conky
links2 (net, file browser, image display, etc.)

rxvt-unicode (antialiased goodness)
openbox
sylpheed
firefox
naughtylus
gnome-panel
amarok

My desktop is chock-full of bat-outta-hell goodness.

fuscia
February 24th, 2006, 03:20 PM
ooh, i forgot to mention openbox and mousepad (i feel dirty now).

stormy, i'm guessing you would prefer something lighter than nautilus but haven't found an adequate replacement, is that right?

Stormy Eyes
February 24th, 2006, 03:32 PM
stormy, i'm guessing you would prefer something lighter than nautilus but haven't found an adequate replacement, is that right?

Actually, I have a perfectly good replacement: bash. But nautilus will do if I want to be lazy. I've got CPU and RAM to burn; I can afford to buy a real computer. :)

fuscia
February 24th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Actually, I have a perfectly good replacement: bash. But nautilus will do if I want to be lazy. I've got CPU and RAM to burn; I can afford to buy a real computer. :)

i get lazy a lot. if it weren't for my overly romanticized vision of sparse, i'd do everything the easiest way possible.

Stormy Eyes
February 24th, 2006, 03:41 PM
i get lazy a lot. if it weren't for my overly romanticized vision of sparse, i'd do everything the easiest way possible.

Well, given that I can use Nautilus to copy files to other machines via sftp and ftp, it's easier to use it for such operations than it is to use the shell.

PatrickMay16
February 24th, 2006, 03:50 PM
did you do something about the ssl problem with dillo? i tried compiling it to account for it and it still never worked. links2 still has the problem, but it can do some other things dillo can't. it will be interesting to see how dillo is when it uses fltk.
Nope, I just used Firefox when there was something I wanted that Dillo couldn't do.