PDA

View Full Version : Which phone? iPhone 3gs or HTC Touch Diamond2

darkksyde
December 15th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Hey guys,

Whats your opinion on which is better, the iphone or the touchdiamond2 and why.

Thanks

pi4r0n
December 15th, 2009, 09:58 AM
I got HTC Touch Pro, my girlfriend got iPhone 3GS and I can see the performance differences of both phones and based on that I would definitely go for iPhone 3GS.

amitabhishek
December 15th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Neither.

Go for Android phones.

darkksyde
December 15th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Neither.

Go for Android phones.

Could you reccomend any good ones on an Australian carrier, thanks :)

amitabhishek
December 15th, 2009, 10:20 AM
The usual suspects from HTC should be available in Australia.

I use HTC Magic on Vodafone network and this phone rocks!!! If you can stretch a bit I would recommend HTC Hero. It comes with HTC sense UI and generally a more powerful hardware. Make sure Android market comes pre-installed. Google is on hyper mode in rolling out apps after apps for Android platform.

What ever you do stay clear from Windows platform!!!

.nedberg
December 15th, 2009, 10:43 AM
iPhone 3GS.

I love it! Best phone I ever had!

gn2
December 15th, 2009, 11:41 AM
HTC is better because it's not Apple.

chauhanashish
December 15th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Currently I am using Nokia E75 because of its functionality and its also cheap compare to iphone.

.nedberg
December 15th, 2009, 12:14 PM

iPhone is better because it is not HTC...

Grenage
December 15th, 2009, 12:17 PM
If you want "ooh, pretty", slick and good design - get an iphone. If you don't agree with Apple's policies (I don't), get an HTC.

The iphone is probably the best phone on the market at the moment. It's a great bit of engineering.

amitabhishek
December 15th, 2009, 12:22 PM
The iphone is probably the best phone on the market at the moment. It's a great bit of engineering.

So are others.

Grenage
December 15th, 2009, 12:25 PM
They are, but when you put them all side by side, it would take a really bitter person to not see that the iphone trounces all the competition in all the areas that matter to the 'general' public.

ice.bogdan
December 15th, 2009, 02:41 PM
I've got the diamond2 and it is awesome. you can customize it the way you want it thanks to xda-developers, it's great for office/work, has great hardware, cool 3D interface, 5mpix cam, great GPS receiver and so on. Also it's cheaper compared to iPhone. On the downside the battery dies quick if you use it all the time and the screen is fingerprint happy.

The iPhone is just a nice toy in my opinion, something I'll get my girlfriend as a gift probably this xmas :)

Also, you should look at the new android phones. I didn't get my hands on one yet but I hear only good things.

Psumi
December 15th, 2009, 02:46 PM
The ELSE, when it comes out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn1uPQ3zXMw&fmt=35

anaconda
December 15th, 2009, 02:48 PM
Iphone is awesome..
the only problem is that is doesn't work with ubuntu... Cant understand why apple wont make linux support for it?

pi4r0n
December 16th, 2009, 09:45 AM

I don't think we should judge anything by brand :(

Windows and MAC are not my favourite brands OK; but I have to admit in terms of mobile phones MAC done grate job.

- The performance of iPhone is briliant
- You can get some many cool things on it either for free or pay for it :)
- Style is OK :)

I would say everyone has got a different point of view; so I would not argue with anyone saying iPhone is better because blablabla as its wast of time :)

Go for the one you feel is right for you. :popcorn:

gn2
December 16th, 2009, 10:09 AM
iPhone is better because it is not HTC...

No no no!

HTC is better because they sponsor Mark Cavendish.

KiwiNZ
December 16th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Iphone is way ahead for features and quality etc. There is one issue , that is battery performance.

LinuxFanBoi
December 16th, 2009, 10:29 AM
I don't think we'll see the full potential of the iPhone until we can see how it can perform on a wireless carrier with some sack. We had a bunch of people at work that where in town for a wireless convention, many of them worked for Verizon. After speaking with them, they wouldn't give to many details, but when Apples exclusive deal with AT&T runs out, you can expect to get an iPhone cheaper than you ever dreamed of. It's all part of Verizon's master plan to crush AT&T. They seem to be okay taking it in the shorts and eating the majority of the iPhones cost to get the subscribers.

Sin@Sin-Sacrifice
December 16th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Android... iPhone is so limited and doesn't work on Linux. I use my G1 to tether, transfer, ssh, and ftp. I get free books on it with textonphone from the Gutenberg Project. The G1 isn't the best hardware but some of the g-phones that have come out recently are pretty nice. X10 isn't out yet but its specs are like wow. I also agree that you should wait for the Else though. That GUI is spectacular.

NCLI
December 16th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Definitely an Android device, the iPhone is incredibly restricted. Just wait for the Nexus One if you want something powerful :D