PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate cartoon poll

Kosimo
December 15th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Let's find out (at once and for all) what is the most viewed and favorite cartoon here in Ubuntuforums.

pwnst*r
December 15th, 2009, 05:58 AM
that's an awesome poll. you've left out a ton of stuff. at least include an "other".

Grifulkin
December 15th, 2009, 06:00 AM
that's an awesome poll. you've left out a ton of stuff. at least include an "other".

Well his questions relates well to his poll, "Which one of these is your favorite?" Not "What IS your favorite?" See the difference?

Marvin666
December 15th, 2009, 06:01 AM
What if you don't care for any of them?

pwnst*r
December 15th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Well his questions relates well to his poll, "Which one of these is your favorite?" Not "What IS your favorite?" See the difference?

not according to the thread title.

Exodist
December 15th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I like them all, Southpark the most. Simpsons is getting old tho.

squilookle
December 15th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I like the idea of the poll but it is a little restricted, as there are a lot of things missing.

I just watched the simpsons and now I'm watching futurama. :)

RiceMonster
December 15th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Dora the Explorer

JDShu
December 15th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Its hard to choose between South Park and Futurama. South Park is more consistently amusing, but Futurama has these deep deep moments.

supermelon928
December 15th, 2009, 09:28 PM
what is with all the people here liking south park better than the other three

and i was so hoping there would be more than 4 options, given that this cartoon poll is supposed to be ultimate. for example, the venture brothers is a great one.

ticopelp
December 15th, 2009, 09:38 PM
What if you don't care for any of them?

Then not voting would be a good start.

t0p
December 15th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Family Guy FTW! Brian makes me laugh myself into involuntary <censored>! Shame there's no American Dad in the poll though. That fish, man!

t0p
December 15th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Futurama has these deep deep moments.

Yeah. Real deep. *chortle*

fiftynine
December 15th, 2009, 10:01 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_GlTZz1jsDZ0/SBCpgcMFOrI/AAAAAAAAAGg/VdmAVWKEZLo/s400/Spongebob-Happy-spongebob-squarepants-154897_338_432.jpg
Where's spongebob..?

It would be a difficult choice between south park and spongebob.

JDShu
December 15th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Yeah. Real deep. *chortle*

c'mon, Fry's dog?

ticopelp
December 15th, 2009, 10:10 PM
c'mon, Fry's dog?

I love Futurama (and voted for it), but that's not deep -- just blatant emotional manipluation.

JDShu
December 15th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I love Futurama (and voted for it), but that's not deep -- just blatant emotional manipluation.

LOL I thought it was good but fine, then how about the bee jelly?

btw, I voted south park in the end.

ticopelp
December 15th, 2009, 10:30 PM
LOL I thought it was good but fine, then how about the bee jelly?

btw, I voted south park in the end.

Don't get me wrong, Futurama is well-written and very clever, but clever is not the same as deep. They bring up some moderately sophisticated concepts and then exploit them for cheap laughs. Which is what makes the show great.

supermelon928
December 15th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Don't get me wrong, Futurama is well-written and very clever, but clever is not the same as deep. They bring up some moderately sophisticated concepts and then exploit them for cheap laughs. Which is what makes the show great.

I think maybe what t0p means by "deep" has more to do with character development and emotional storytelling. It's not really "emotional manipulation" to get the audience to connect with the characters and care what happens to them. IMO, the Bee-Jelly episode is a great example of that.

ticopelp
December 15th, 2009, 11:28 PM
I think maybe what t0p means by "deep" has more to do with character development and emotional storytelling. It's not really "emotional manipulation" to get the audience to connect with the characters and care what happens to them. IMO, the Bee-Jelly episode is a great example of that.

Yes, there are great character moments in Futurama. "Jurassic Bark," however, is not one of them IMO, which is the episode I was talking about. There's emotional storytelling and then there's wildly overdoing it.

supermelon928
December 15th, 2009, 11:35 PM
"Jurassic Bark,"

Haven't seen that one.

gnomeuser
December 15th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I really enjoy American Dad! but I also watch South Park and The Simpsons

ticopelp
December 15th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Haven't seen that one.

That's the aforementioned episode with the dog. It doesn't so much tug on the heartstrings as pull them out with a pair of pliers and step on them repeatedly.

squilookle
December 16th, 2009, 01:30 AM
That's the aforementioned episode with the dog. It doesn't so much tug on the heartstrings as pull them out with a pair of pliers and step on them repeatedly.

That's an accurate descriotion... poor dog... :(

JDShu
December 16th, 2009, 01:41 AM
That's an accurate descriotion... poor dog... :(

obligatory xkcd comic (http://xkcd.com/233/)

User3k
December 16th, 2009, 01:45 AM
In this order for me.

1-Futurama
2-Simpsons
3-Family Guy
1,204,453 - South Park

kevin1gamer
December 16th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Code Lyoko
(http://www.codelyoko.com/)

pwnst*r
December 16th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Ren and Stimpy.

alphaniner
December 16th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Crayon Shin-chan.

"At last, the men in this family will be wearing the balls. Can't you see it Shin? Yes, we'll be mightier than Action B*st*rd."

"Then let's do the trust dance of the manly brotherhood of men. 'To be a man you must have honour, honour and a peeeeenis!'"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f311XTtqPgc