PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.04 Compiz - Cube plugin kills Compiz

dccrens
December 15th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I have 9.04 and have been using compiz for awhile along with emerald themes. I started having an issue recently and am not sure what is causing it. Compiz runs fine however if I enable the Cube, the desktop locks up. The lockup happens as soon as I click the check box. I then have to switch VTs to get to a CL and do a metacity --replace on that display. I can then switch back and deselect the cube and then re-enable compiz and compiz will work. But still no cube. I have tried deinstalling all of the compiz related packages and reinstalling but no luck. I have an Nvidia 8800 and am using 180.

Thoughts?

dccrens
December 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM
{{{BUMP}}}
Well I tried reinstalling and moving to 9.10. That has been an adventure. I am disappointed in 9.10 altogether. I tried to upgrade and it totally trashed my system. I had all sorts of USB and other errors. I finally gave up and did a complete reinstall. I have my home directory on a seperate partition. However, I had lot's of other things like virtualbox which will have to be reinstalled and reconfigured. Bummer...

Any way. Even after the reinstall I have not been able to get the cube working in Compiz. AS SOON AS I click on the "Desktop Cube" in CCSM it locks up the display. This is very frustrating. Seems to me it must be something in my home directory maybe? I have tried removing the .compiz directory but that didn't help.

Any help would be appreciated. I am Linux supporter and this is frustrating even me.