PDA

View Full Version : Touch Screen Monitor

fparedesg
December 14th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Hey UbuntuForums: I'm looking to buy a newer monitor, as the one I currently have is somewhat old. Does anybody know of a nice LCD touch screen monitor that works nicely?
Thanks for your help :D

Pardon my bad English, it's not my native language.

Exodist
December 15th, 2009, 12:44 AM
They are VERY expensive. Normally around $1,000.00 USD for a 17" LCD.

dragos240
December 15th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Hey UbuntuForums: I'm looking to buy a newer monitor, as the one I currently have is somewhat old. Does anybody know of a nice LCD touch screen monitor that works nicely?
Thanks for your help :D

Pardon my bad English, it's not my native language.

Actually, your english is perfect. No mistakes. I recommend my monitor, which is an acer LCD monitor 1440x900.

pwnst*r
December 15th, 2009, 12:53 AM
Actually, your english is perfect. No mistakes. I recommend my monitor, which is an acer LCD monitor 1440x900.

acer makes a touchscreen monitor that small?

OP, you can buy an HP touchscreen monitor+pc cheaper than you can a stand alone unit. dunno about it working in Linux though.

Grifulkin
December 15th, 2009, 12:54 AM
Seriously Newegg.com Hanns.G monitors are cheap and very nice. I have a 22" LCD with is 1680x1050. 150 USD and not one dead pixel. I have boughten 2 of Hanns.G monitors and have had one dead pixel between the two. Very nice as far as I'm concerned.

Bölvağur
December 15th, 2009, 01:45 AM
you are able to use your current monitor but apply a screen ontop of the surface of the screen. Like a thin plastic... well not film but yeah...

You can get one of those for as low as $150 I think, but I dont know how much you can trust those will will work.

BrokenKingpin
December 15th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Just out of curiosity, why do you want a touch screen monitor? I just don't see what it can offer over a mouse.

pwnst*r
December 15th, 2009, 05:50 AM
Seriously Newegg.com Hanns.G monitors are cheap and very nice. I have a 22" LCD with is 1680x1050. 150 USD and not one dead pixel. I have boughten 2 of Hanns.G monitors and have had one dead pixel between the two. Very nice as far as I'm concerned.

some of you really need to learn how to read.

Grifulkin
December 15th, 2009, 05:58 AM
I read I knew what he was asking. But in case he decides not to buy a touch screen monitor I made another suggestions, because touch screens are quite steep.

Marvin666
December 15th, 2009, 06:07 AM
I only know where you can buy 7-9 inch touch screens for a few hundred bucks a piece.

Exodist
December 15th, 2009, 07:34 AM
I will be glad when the price of touch screens come down. I need about 25 for my starship. Mice are shotty in space! :D

fparedesg
December 15th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks for the compliment dragos240 :P

I just checked out some of the monitors NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=514&name=Touchscreen-Monitors) has to offer, and they're quite nice, and although they are expensive (compared to non-touchscreen monitors), they aren't as expensive as Exodist made it seem. xP

I think I'll go with one of those. Out of the ones that appear in that page, which one would you go for?

Exodist
December 15th, 2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the compliment dragos240 :P

I just checked out some of the monitors NewEgg (http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=514&name=Touchscreen-Monitors) has to offer, and they're quite nice, and although they are expensive (compared to non-touchscreen monitors), they aren't as expensive as Exodist made it seem. xP

I think I'll go with one of those. Out of the ones that appear in that page, which one would you go for?
I will admit I havent looked in a year. :) I was to scared to look again..

fparedesg
December 15th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I will admit I havent looked in a year. :) I was to scared to look again..

Heh, understandable. Well, at least they're cheaper now :D