PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can't download packages

Pidron
December 14th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Hi guys, I am running Karmic and experience the following problem:
everytime I try to install a new package with Ubuntu Software Centre or Synaptic, the download gets stuck a few seconds after the start, until I get the "unable to fetch..." message. I have tried already to change the server from the Software Source but no joy...
Any idea?
Thanks a zillion!

zvacet
December 15th, 2009, 11:41 AM
System>admin>software sources>check all under ubuntu software (except source) and first two under updates tab.Reload.Try to install packages again.

xifer
December 15th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Hi guys, I am running Karmic and experience the following problem:
everytime I try to install a new package with Ubuntu Software Centre or Synaptic, the download gets stuck a few seconds after the start, until I get the "unable to fetch..." message. I have tried already to change the server from the Software Source but no joy...
Any idea?
Thanks a zillion!

Is this a wireless connection? Can you try to update using a wired connection?

Pidron
December 16th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I tried with zvacet's suggestion but no joy.
I am using a wired connection.
Funny thing is I can surf the web no probs, but when it comes to downloading packages it gets stuck nearly immediately. I have tried selecting different servers but there's no difference. Could it be a problem with my internet provider?

slakkie
December 16th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Could you show us the output of;

aptitude update

Pidron
December 16th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Here it is:
Writing extended state information... Fatto
6% [Connessione a ubuntu.ictvalleumbra.it (1.0.0.0)] [Connessione a archive.canonical.com (1.0.0.0)] [Connessione a pa6% [Connessione a ubuntu.ictvalleumbra.it (1.0.0.0)] [Connessione a archive.canonical.com (1.0.0.0)] [Connessione a packages.medibuntu.org 6% [Connessione a ubuntu.ictvalleumbra.it (1.0.0.0)] [Connessione a archive.canonical.com (1.0.0

Looks as if it gets stuck at 6%. And this happens with any server (might get stuck at 3% for instance).

slakkie
December 16th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Looks like your using some kind of proxy.

Pidron
February 24th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Found out what the problem was: IPV6 was disabled.
I enabled it and now it works fine.:)