PDA

View Full Version : Loving Launchy!...anybody else using Launchy?

HappinessNow
December 14th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Loving Launchy!...anybody else using Launchy?

Launchy is a free windows and linux utility designed to help you forget about your start menu, the icons on your desktop, and even your file manager.

Launchy indexes the programs in your start menu and can launch your documents, project files, folders, and bookmarks with just a few keystrokes!

Josh Karlinhttp://www.launchy.net/index.html

kemsiro
December 14th, 2009, 01:08 PM
i found Gnome DO is much better ... give it a spin n ur gonna love it : )

aktiwers
December 14th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Im pretty happy with Gnome-Do in docky mode.. whats the advantage of Launchy over Gnome-Do?

HappinessNow
December 14th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Im pretty happy with Gnome-Do in docky mode.. whats the advantage of Launchy over Gnome-Do?I never used Gnome-Do so I am not sure what it does.

RiceMonster
December 14th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I never used Gnome-Do so I am not sure what it does.

Same idea.

HappinessNow
December 14th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Same idea.looks like Gnome-DO is more advanced but it only works on Linux, which is great when your on Linux only.

Launchy works on Linux and Windows.

pwnst*r
December 14th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Im pretty happy with Gnome-Do in docky mode.. whats the advantage of Launchy over Gnome-Do?

in docky mode? i thought docky split from that project?

RiceMonster
December 14th, 2009, 02:33 PM
looks like Gnome-DO is more advanced but it only works on Linux, which is great when your on Linux only.

Launchy works on Linux and Windows.

So use Gnome-Do in Linux and Launchy in Windows.

HappinessNow
December 14th, 2009, 02:37 PM
So use Gnome-Do in Linux and Launchy in Windows.
Right! :P

ve4cib
December 14th, 2009, 02:57 PM
in docky mode? i thought docky split from that project?

They did split, but the versions of Gnome-Do in the repos are from the pre-split era. I don't even know if there's a stable release post-split yet.

pwnst*r
December 14th, 2009, 03:26 PM
They did split, but the versions of Gnome-Do in the repos are from the pre-split era. I don't even know if there's a stable release post-split yet.

that's what i figured, thanks.

aktiwers
December 14th, 2009, 06:30 PM
that's what i figured, thanks.
yeah I haven't tried them after the spilt.. and I do like them together so far :)