PDA

View Full Version : Need somebody with Inkscape ninja skills for a small FOSS job

zekopeko
December 14th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Hi, need some help for the new Docky wiki. More info on Docky: https://launchpad.net/docky

I need somebody to fix the svgs in the zip. I'm attaching my hack job from GIMP which shows how it should look.

The files should remain svgs without any background (the background should remain transparent as is).
Make it look pretty and clean so feel free to expand the area around the svgs so that you can add the guides, arrows etc.

In my fugly image:
The numbers are pixels, the grey lines are guides that should be visible. The arrows show how the image expands and should also be visible. The point is to show how to create a theme for docky2 and how the svgs expand when applied to menus/dock etc.
Don't add the text from my image to the svgs. just the arrows and numbers

If you need further explanation you can catch me on irc.freenode.net , channel #docky.
IRC nick is the same as here, zekopeko.

http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=139818&stc=1&d=1260788642

Gumm
December 14th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Something like this (I'm in no way a Inkscape Ninja, but I have nothing else to do right now)

Kind regards

zekopeko
December 14th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Something like this (I'm in no way a Inkscape Ninja, but I have nothing else to do right now)

Kind regards

This is almost perfect.

Could you fix this minor issues:

background.svg

Don't round the bottom part of the static parts.

menu.svg

Could you add the rest of the arrows like in my mockup?
Also you added a horizontal line going from the little tip in the bottom. That shouldn't be there. That line should be at the bottom of the svg. Look at my mockup. The menu.svg is 120px tall = 24+52+44. You are also missing some numbers on the left and in the bottom left corner the number 24 should be 44.

Thank you for making this.

BTW under what licence would you like to release your modifications? I don't know under which the originals are since the devs are sleeping. I'm guessing that the simplest way would be to publicly state that you release them under the same licence the original author released them.

Gumm
December 14th, 2009, 03:36 PM
No problems. Here you go...

This stuff is for free - you can have it and do with it as you please. I'm not sure what original licence was, but if that licence requires derivative work to carry the same licence as the original, so be it: this carries the same licence as the original

Regards
Gumm

zekopeko
December 14th, 2009, 04:32 PM
No problems. Here you go...

This stuff is for free - you can have it and do with it as you please. I'm not sure what original licence was, but if that licence requires derivative work to carry the same licence as the original, so be it: this carries the same licence as the original

Regards
Gumm

Awesome! Again, THANK YOU!