PDA

View Full Version : Google Phone Official

PhoenixMaster00
December 14th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Just seen this on Techcrunch http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/12/12/nexus-one-google-phone-picture/
I no Google confirmed it but this include some apparent new pictures.
Seems the supposed HTC Passion leaked photos are infact this phone and it could be released in January (and i thought i had made my mind on the Sony Ericsson x10...).

pwnst*r
December 14th, 2009, 05:04 AM
just as my ATT contracts ends in January =) perfect timing.

pwnst*r
December 14th, 2009, 05:11 AM
more

http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/12/12/the-google-phone-unlocked-confirmed-and-more-details/

the yawner
December 14th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Just seen this on Techcrunch http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/12/12/nexus-one-google-phone-picture/
I no Google confirmed it but this include some apparent new pictures.
Seems the supposed HTC Passion leaked photos are infact this phone and it could be released in January (and i thought i had made my mind on the Sony Ericsson x10...).
I'm also anticipating for the release of the x10. But this, it might change things.

pwnst*r
December 14th, 2009, 06:28 AM
http://googlemobile.blogspot.com/2009/12/android-dogfood-diet-for-holidays.html

Redache
December 14th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Very interesting. I'd be tempted if it was a nice phone that wasn't really expensive (the only barrier between me and a Droid).

kreggz
December 14th, 2009, 06:57 AM
I want one now

HappinessNow
December 14th, 2009, 07:26 AM
I keep holding out for a new phone!...

amazingtaters
December 14th, 2009, 07:52 AM
I would most likely buy this phone. However, I can only imagine that the cost will be prohibitive for many unless offered by a carrier like AT&T that can sell the phone at the discounted prices that would be necessary to bring the cost down from what would possibly be 500+ dollars.

kreggz
December 14th, 2009, 10:36 AM
I have thought about this price thing and if Google's intention is not make money out of hardware, why would they overprice the phone?

Colonel Kilkenny
December 14th, 2009, 11:11 AM
What makes this one more Google Phone than any other HTC Android device? The fact that Google employees are using it to test their new apps?

HTC Passion is HTC Passion. With or without HTC logo.
I just can't see why all the hype even if it really would be sold as a "Google phone"...

Tristam Green
December 14th, 2009, 09:05 PM
What makes this one more Google Phone than any other HTC Android device? The fact that Google employees are using it to test their new apps?

I just can't see why all the hype even if it really would be sold as a "Google phone"...

That's what I was thinking. Great, so another Android phone is out there now. Woohoo, Google's branded it, and employees are developing apps on it. Guess what they developed on before this? T-Mobile G1.

pwnst*r
December 14th, 2009, 09:55 PM
well, it'll be unlocked for one. two, i bet they implement gizmo5 or some sort of voip implementation - which would be nice.

PhoenixMaster00
December 14th, 2009, 10:37 PM

I think the point is that everything has been chosen by Google and this is there idea of how an Android phone should look and feel (software wise). This phone is all about Google with no changes made by any other company. I think that is what people are getting excited about

LowSky
December 14th, 2009, 10:48 PM
just as my ATT contracts ends in January =) perfect timing.

Except you wont have 3G service on the new Google Phone. AT&T will only allow it to use EDGE, or use T-Mobiel whose service has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

Just get one of the Verizon's Android phones, The Droid or the Droid Eris. Verizon says they will be able to updated to newer Andoid versions. the extra carrier 'enhancements' are nothing to really complain about.

pwnst*r
December 14th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Except you wont have 3G service on the new Google Phone. AT&T will only allow it to use EDGE

i must have missed that communication. link?

Sunflower1970
December 14th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Ahh. Can't wait for this phone. This is exactly what I've been waiting for.

ATM, I have a prepaid T-Mobile phone and have been happy with T-Mobile's service, and I see they have a plan which doesn't require a contract, so this phone plus no contract service from T-Mobile is a win-win for me.

LowSky
December 14th, 2009, 11:26 PM
i must have missed that communication. link?

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/12/google-phone-in-january-unlocked-thinner-than-iphone/

Those hoping to get an iPhone-caliber phone on Verizon are out of luck. The Nexus will be a GSM phone, which means T-Mobile and AT&T in the United States. Worse, if you do opt for AT&T, your data connection could be EDGE-only. Gruber again, from Twitter: “The bummer I’m hearing about Nexus One: it’s GSM and unlocked, but on T-Mobile’s 3G band, so it works on AT&T but EDGE-only.”

pwnst*r
December 14th, 2009, 11:30 PM
thanks brutha. still not a deal breaker for me since ATT's 3G network in my town is ****.

LowSky
December 14th, 2009, 11:34 PM
thanks brutha. still not a deal breaker for me since ATT's 3G network in my town is ****.
I'm guessing you live in one of the Large White Zones?
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/11/VZ_vs_ATT_3G_coverage.jpg

pwnst*r
December 14th, 2009, 11:35 PM
blue zone in AZ, but still ****.

LowSky
December 14th, 2009, 11:38 PM
know a few people with iPhones and all they do is complain about lost calls and horrible data rates. I can't believe you people pay AT&T for such bad service.

pwnst*r
December 14th, 2009, 11:41 PM
i don't get any dropped calls and the data rates are fine, but in this town, 3G is intermittent. this is the 3rd state that i've had my iphone and the other two were perfectly fine. NY and CA.

gnomeuser
December 15th, 2009, 12:38 AM
hrmmm this looks interesting, I just got myself an HTC Hero and I have to admit the HTC Sense experience on top of Android really is great. The standard Android UI seems a bit underdeveloped but with great potential.

I would be greatly interested in seeing what Google and HTC can come up with, I suspect it will take them some time to make it available here in Denmark but then it might replace my Hero just for the hell of it.