PDA

View Full Version : question about tax rates

infestor
December 14th, 2009, 01:06 AM
i have somewhat trivial question in my mind but would like to know some of you guys' ideas who might have been in some businesses so might know about international taxation.

let's say i am manufacturing notebooks in a country like bulgaria, emirates where the company tax rates are very low. when i try to sell those computers to -let's say- to denmark online (where the tax rates are really high), am i as company entitled to pay extra tax rates?

lloyd_b
December 14th, 2009, 06:03 PM
i have somewhat trivial question in my mind but would like to know some of you guys' ideas who might have been in some businesses so might know about international taxation.

let's say i am manufacturing notebooks in a country like bulgaria, emirates where the company tax rates are very low. when i try to sell those computers to -let's say- to denmark online (where the tax rates are really high), am i as company entitled to pay extra tax rates?

You should really consult an accountant/attorney on this type of issue, but what I believe happens is that when you try to send the laptop to Denmark, you (or the recipient) will be required to pay import duties on it. So one way or another, it *will* be taxed.

The import duties may or may not be the same as the sales taxes - like I said before, you need to consult a professional...

Lloyd B.

Skripka
December 14th, 2009, 06:04 PM
You should really consult an accountant/attorney on this type of issue, but what I believe happens is that when you try to send the laptop to Denmark, you (or the recipient) will be required to pay import duties on it. So one way or another, it *will* be taxed.

The import duties may or may not be the same as the sales taxes - like I said before, you need to consult a professional...

Lloyd B.

In short: it is very messy legally, and in terms of paperwork.

Ylon
December 14th, 2009, 06:55 PM

The one (in Denmark) who receive your product had, on cash on delivery, to pay in according to the declared value. There's a plus % on value in according to destination nation's law.

(export duty is it's name... I think)

these tax are not for you (as seller) to pay, but to your client on receive the package.