PDA

View Full Version : just dont change your oil for 400,000 miles

sdowney717
December 14th, 2009, 12:02 AM
they were running synthetic and a bypass filter which filters oil down to much finer levels than a normal engine oil filter.
But i still find this incredible. I already use walmart full synthetic with purolator pure-one filters and use extended drain intervals.
Anyone else doing this type of thing?

http://www.synthetic-motor-oil-change-and-filters.com/amsoil_testimonies/satisfied_customers_trucks/amsoil-diesel-oil-going-409000-miles-without-oil-change.php

NoaHall
December 14th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Wow, that might just be the most boring bit of advertising I've ever read.

Bruce H
December 14th, 2009, 01:08 AM
I'll admit to being terrible about car maintenance. I once dove a car for over 100,000 miles without an oil or filter change. Sure, the motor didn't like it, and it probably impacted my gas mileage somewhat, but the point is, it's possible. That was on a car whose total expected life was only about 180,000 miles; an older model chevy.

toupeiro
December 14th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Good luck getting any warranty work done without maintenance receipts. I never understood people taking pride in neglect or making the case that "it can be done" to indirectly insinuate that pointless to actually take care of your things... :neutral: