PDA

View Full Version : My experience with...

Jeremy1969
December 13th, 2009, 11:30 PM
I just bought a Acer Aspire one AOD250-1471 (canada french keyboard, 6 cell, bluetooth)

I decide to install Linux, and from all distribution available I choose the Ubuntu 9.10 Remix.

Installation was not as easy than it look, i don't understand why but the include software to install ubuntu on a flash drive was not working. but after that instalation whent well.

2 problem was left to resolve after install:
integrated microphone : i resolve with alsa driver.
Wifi Network: The WiFi is working so the driver is good but after a while the connection becone no responsive. the only way out is reboot, but even reboot freeze in the way and i had to press power for 4sec.
I tried the ndiswrapper with original XP driver with even worst result.

A co-worker recommended me to use Easy Peasy a special netbook distribution using Ubuntu. The latest version is using Ubuntu 9.04.

Network is working very well.
But now:
microphone is not working.
I have a audio bluetooth device that is not configure proprely. (which was easily conf in 9.10)

Now what next.
retry ubuntu 9.10 remix and resolve network
try ubuntu 9.04

If you have experience the same as me or if you wish to help me resolve my problem drop me a line.

Jeremy1969
December 18th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Hello again,

Thanks all for the numerous reply to my post...

Anyway, i did a lots of thinking about my installation.

After a lot of tried to make all the little thing work in Easy peasy (9.04). I decide to retry Ubuntu 9.10 and resolve the wifi issue, if this issue rose again.

I will tried to do a clean install and check if i experience some wifi problem before trying play with other minor to resolve the integrated microphone.

If i experience some wifi problem, i will start a new tread.

Thanks all

phillw
December 18th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Hello again,

Thanks all for the numerous reply to my post...

Anyway, i did a lots of thinking about my installation.

After a lot of tried to make all the little thing work in Easy peasy (9.04). I decide to retry Ubuntu 9.10 and resolve the wifi issue, if this issue rose again.

I will tried to do a clean install and check if i experience some wifi problem before trying play with other minor to resolve the integrated microphone.

If i experience some wifi problem, i will start a new tread.

Thanks all

I (and no doubt others) read your thread - but you were off to try something else ... so we waited.

Before you 'have wifi problems' why not take a moment to see if it is natively supported ? http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=370108

As a little tip for Wifi - when you do the install, don't have the ethernet lead plugged in - I have no idea why, but after much messing & re-installing - I didn't have mine plugged in & it linked via my WiFi no problems (After 3 days of trying stuff and about 4 installs).

Phill.