PDA

View Full Version : reccomend me some good headphones

mamamia88
December 13th, 2009, 06:20 AM
tommorow morning i need to go pick up some good headphones the current earbuds i use just aren't very comfortable. can someone reccomend me some goodones in the price range of say $10-30

MooPi
December 13th, 2009, 06:23 AM
You'll have to look hard but now and then Sennheiser head phones can be found for that amount. I use model HD 202 and think they are great for the price I paid.

mamamia88
December 13th, 2009, 06:25 AM
newegg has them for $22 with free shipping thinking of ordering them but would rather be able to get them tommorow in a store

NightHawk877
December 13th, 2009, 06:30 AM
I'd go with the JVC gumy earbuds, Koss Ke29s or the Creative EP-630 in-ear phones. Ultimate Ears makes some good headphones too, but they are out of your price range. Do not buy Skullcandy headphones. The highs and mids don't exist, and the bass is bloated and muddy. I made the mistake of buying a pair of those and promptly sold them to buy the Ultimate Ears Metro-fi 220s.

mamamia88
December 13th, 2009, 06:33 AM
cool guys thanks for the recommendations i will keep that in mind when out shopping tomorrow

crimesaucer
December 13th, 2009, 06:52 AM
tommorow morning i need to go pick up some good headphones the current earbuds i use just aren't very comfortable. can someone reccomend me some goodones in the price range of say $10-30

JVC marshmellows. $20 dollars.

Go to a website like BestBuy and read the reviews. I had one pair that lasted for almost 2 years. I bought another pair of the same ones. They're pretty comfy, the only problem is that they stick very far into the eardrum and if they slide out then the sound isn't as good.

But they do have a nice bass sound, and being jammed so far down the eardrum can work well as earplugs to drown out all other sounds.

I saw some user reviews that said they had better bass than the $100 bose and other expensive earphones.

xuCGC002
December 13th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Skullcandy head/earphones are great. I'm using the Ink'd in-ear earbuds, and I can actually feel bass without having to turn the volume all the way up. You can pick them up at most skate(board) shops.

Gizenshya
December 13th, 2009, 07:59 AM
The Sony MDR-V150! ($20)

/story

Seriously, About 2 months ago I bought my second pair. After 5 years, I finally broke the first pair (I ripped the cord sideways hard enough to pull the wires from the plug) :(

They have been better in every way compared to every set of headphones I've ever owned (up to some costing $60). I've owned headphones from $10-$60, and all of them have failed within 6 months of regular use (mostly daily).

Sound quality is excellent. In fact, the frequency response goes both lower and higher than humans can hear.

I've never had problems with the rubber getting hard or cracking.

There is actually redundancy built in. I've stepped on them before and broken off bits of plastic, but it never lost functionality or strength.

Their durability is also helped by their versatile design. The earcups rotate, and they are adjustable. This helps them flex and absorb impact and stress. I've dropped, thrown, and sat on them many times, and they are still structurally sound (though, as I mentioned before, the wires are broken at the plug).

They have a 6'6" cord (longer than most).

They are the most comfortable set of headhones I've ever owned.

I love them :D

rotwang888
December 13th, 2009, 09:30 AM
If you want to use them with a portable player, look into Sennheiser PX 100. They're around $40 new, but you can find deals, and Amazon has used ones around $25. Very comfortable, portable and they sound great.

Странник
December 13th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Also look at products made by AKG

NightHawk877
December 13th, 2009, 11:37 AM
Skullcandy head/earphones are great. I'm using the Ink'd in-ear earbuds, and I can actually feel bass without having to turn the volume all the way up. You can pick them up at most skate(board) shops.

Get yourself a better pair of headphones. Once you do that, you will ditch Skullcandy for good.

BuffaloX
December 13th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I have the Sennheiser PX-100.
They are both comfortable and have very good sound quality.

They should be close to your price range, I spend a lot of time researching headphone quality and price before deciding on these, they are very good, and reasonably priced.

In Denmark they are 40$ without tax but prices in the USA are almost always better than here.
With a little luck you should be able to find them within your price range.

mamamia88
December 13th, 2009, 05:41 PM
The Sony MDR-V150! ($20)

/story

Seriously, About 2 months ago I bought my second pair. After 5 years, I finally broke the first pair (I ripped the cord sideways hard enough to pull the wires from the plug) :(

They have been better in every way compared to every set of headphones I've ever owned (up to some costing $60). I've owned headphones from $10-$60, and all of them have failed within 6 months of regular use (mostly daily).

Sound quality is excellent. In fact, the frequency response goes both lower and higher than humans can hear.

I've never had problems with the rubber getting hard or cracking.

There is actually redundancy built in. I've stepped on them before and broken off bits of plastic, but it never lost functionality or strength.

Their durability is also helped by their versatile design. The earcups rotate, and they are adjustable. This helps them flex and absorb impact and stress. I've dropped, thrown, and sat on them many times, and they are still structurally sound (though, as I mentioned before, the wires are broken at the plug).

They have a 6'6" cord (longer than most).

They are the most comfortable set of headhones I've ever owned.

I love them :D
i just bought a pair they are decent thanks

macmaster
December 13th, 2009, 05:46 PM
I use apple iPod touch headphones, they are amazing quality, they are about $20 and are comfortable, I like apple because you don't have to choose between 10000s of products.

Daveth
December 13th, 2009, 06:19 PM
yep, definitely go with the Sennheiser PX-100 - they also fold-up into a hard case. Not so good on a train as they do leak sound a bit, but the souud they leak is good, so you might want to share it!

pwnst*r
December 13th, 2009, 06:20 PM
I use apple iPod touch headphones, they are amazing quality, they are about $20 and are comfortable, I like apple because you don't have to choose between 10000s of products.

lol? apple headphones are crap.

alexfish
December 13th, 2009, 06:40 PM
tommorow morning i need to go pick up some good headphones the current earbuds i use just aren't very comfortable. Can someone reccomend me some goodones in the price range of say $10-30

:P.........:o:):D:P:popcorn::KS

Playing Now

pwnst*r
December 13th, 2009, 06:50 PM
.:p:p:p:p:p

your sig is ridiculous. just sayin.

alexfish
December 14th, 2009, 07:20 PM
your sig is ridiculous. just sayin.

The Player Was On Pause While Posting // Well Spotted

LOOK ABOVE NOW

You Can Have A Free Cup of Ubuntu At The Water Fountain

blueturtl
December 14th, 2009, 07:37 PM
The KOSS PORTAPRO (http://www.koss.com/koss/kossweb.nsf/p?openform&pc^pt^PORTAPRO) (these are _legendary_).

My friend has a set of these (you can find them for less than $30 depending on where you live). They look flimsy and cheap compared to some I've seen, but the sound is nothing short of amazing for the price and size!

aktiwers
December 14th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I have GOLDRING DR50 which are very good compared to price.
http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/images/goldring-dr50-220x220.jpg

pwnst*r
December 14th, 2009, 07:59 PM
The Player Was On Pause While Posting // Well Spotted

LOOK ABOVE NOW

You Can Have A Free Cup of Ubuntu At The Water Fountain

this was 7