PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] trying to install vampire the masquerade-bloodlines

FetalShinobi
December 13th, 2009, 01:17 AM
My macbook has no actual cd drive so i made iso's out of the installation disks (at a friend's house) and put them on a usb drive and have them on my 9.10 macbook. I cant seem to get it to install. Ive used gmount-iso and i get to start the installation on disk one but when it gets time to switch disks it all goes down the pooper. I cant unmount the first disk in order to mount the second one. is there a way i can use something like the Daemon tools lite (lets u have up to 4 virtual drives) i REALLY want to play this game. lol

Gr3ghammett
August 18th, 2011, 05:31 AM
i've installed Star Wars Battlefront II which houses 4 install discs. What I've done is used Furious ISO to mount the disc, copy all the files to a folder on my desktop from each disc in separate folders, and when the installer asks me to switch discs in a message box, I point it to the .cab file it requests off the files on my computer from the copied disc it requests. For me this has worked flawlessly when it comes to installations. You can also configure wine to say the cd drive of your computer should be the same as the one it should emulate or use for it's cd rom drive. I hope this helps. Please let me know if it works or if you need any additional help.