PDA

View Full Version : Google "fade from white" effect

Ylon
December 12th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I am the only one to experience this?
The Google homepage reload normal, but only: Logo, text field, and the two buttons ("Search" and "I am feeling lucky").

After about 1~2seconds appear (fading from white, when move mouse) everything else: links, © notice etc.

I am noticing this just right now or I am the only one affected?

Opera 10.10 on Karmic

koleoptero
December 12th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Welcome to the "new" google page. There was another thread about this a couple of months ago.

LinuxFanBoi
December 12th, 2009, 02:57 PM
The Google homepage reload normal, but only: Logo, text field, and the two buttons ("Search" and "I am feeling lucky").

After about 1~2seconds appear (fading from white, when move mouse) everything else: links, © notice etc.

Opera 10.10 on Karmic

I noticed this not long ago. Since Chrome was released, I no longer bothered to set my homepage to Google's search engine. I have my Chrome home page setup to be the tap screen with my most visited sites laid out in thumbnails. So when they made the change, I didn't notice.

Pasdar
December 12th, 2009, 02:57 PM

Opera 10.10 on Karmic

Its google's new feature... its also like that on windows in chrome

RabbitWho
December 12th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Didn't notice till just now. I wish it was possible to keep it like that, just the google logo and the search bar.. before anything fades in

Psumi
December 12th, 2009, 03:12 PM
I got it in Firefox as well.

pwnst*r
December 12th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the "new" google page. There was another thread about this a couple of months ago.

i didn't notice this until this thread, yet i visit google very often.

interesting. http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/05/googles-experimental-homepage-fades-to-a-single-word/