PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Looking for database model application

Hellkeepa
December 12th, 2009, 11:48 AM
HELLo!

I'm looking for a good database model application, that can export MySQL or has the ability to define export rules. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just as long as I'm able to set up a relational database and export it to an SQL file.
Tried MagicDraw UML, and while it is a very nice program, it's a bit too much for me. Thus I'd rather save my money, than buying something which I don't really need. What I'm looking for is a quick and simple program, preferably free (both as in libre and gratis).

Hope someone here has any good suggestions.

Happy syncin'!

crush304
December 12th, 2009, 05:22 PM
HELLo!

I'm looking for a good database model application, that can export MySQL or has the ability to define export rules. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just as long as I'm able to set up a relational database and export it to an SQL file.
Tried MagicDraw UML, and while it is a very nice program, it's a bit too much for me. Thus I'd rather save my money, than buying something which I don't really need. What I'm looking for is a quick and simple program, preferably free (both as in libre and gratis).

Hope someone here has any good suggestions.

Happy syncin'!

have you tried mysql workbench http://wb.mysql.com/

Hellkeepa
December 13th, 2009, 01:17 AM
HELLo!

Nope, I haven't. Thanks for the suggestion, will look at it right away.
If anyone else have other suggestions too, thwey're all welcome; Can't have too much choice, now can we? ;-)

Happy codin'!

Stoneface
December 14th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Seems interesting. I was looking for a program that can convert data into a relational database model or schema. It seems it can be done with MySQL Workbench. I will have a look and see.

Hellkeepa
December 14th, 2009, 08:04 PM
HELLo!

Yep, it works that way. Only negative I've found about it, is that the alpha-version is fond of crashing to the desktop. :-\ Recommend staying with the stable version for now, if you're planning on using it for production development. Either that, or save very often.

Happy codin'!