PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] adobe-flashplugin issue

lsutiger
December 12th, 2009, 01:40 AM
I have an adobe-flashplugin update that is showing in Update Manager. Yesterday I had an update for the installer for adobe-flashplugin.

I was able to d/l and install the installer through the Update manager. The adobe-flashplugin is still listed, but I am not able to select it to update.
'
Anybody else having this issue? Or could someone point me in a direction to fix this?

Thanx in advance!

aysiu
December 14th, 2009, 03:48 AM
I'm not sure I understand the problem.

Can you post a screenshot of your Update Manager window? Is the option for upgrading Adobe Flash Plugin greyed out or something?

lsutiger
December 14th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Thanx aysiu! I have followed you a bit here and had one of my first experiences with Linux made better through your help.
Now down to business....
I can not select the update. attached is my awful GIMP'd screenshot with the adobe update which I can not select. It is not greyed out...I just can not sleect it to be installed/updated.

aysiu
December 14th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Interesting. Can you close that window and then paste these commands into the terminal and paste the output back here?
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin

lsutiger
December 14th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Thank you once again!
I ran the update via cli and it is now removed from update manager and the update was applied...hopefully it fixes some jumpiness to flash video!

Thanx again!