PDA

View Full Version : Xubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) Review - ScreenCast

BAMF1501
December 11th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Enjoy this nice little screen cast of xubuntu 9.10 hopes this helps new people to linux this is a great lightwieght distrubution recommended to peope with older machines with only 256 mb of ram

PLease comment rate and subscribe to support my videos thanks and have a great day :)

PS: I'm not trying to advertise my videos i am simply in love with ubuntu have been using it for a few months now and love helping out the community :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gruWLfhgFsE

Warpnow
December 11th, 2009, 11:26 PM
You have the same application repositories on Xubuntu as Ubuntu, the review seems to claim otherwise.

BAMF1501
December 11th, 2009, 11:29 PM
Ye sbut u cant install same and all gnome apps

Warpnow
December 11th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Ye sbut u cant install same and all gnome apps

Uh, yeah, you can...

Xubuntu comes with abiword, part of Gnome office.

You can install gnome simply by apt-getting it or using synaptic, and you can install any gnome app you want.

Xubuntu has alot of gnome dependencies. Its the number one reason it gets bashed alot.

BAMF1501
December 11th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Uh, yeah, you can...

Xubuntu comes with abiword, part of Gnome office.

You can install gnome simply by apt-getting it or using synaptic, and you can install any gnome app you want.

Xubuntu has alot of gnome dependencies. Its the number one reason it gets bashed alot.

My mistake :( Im getting better each day at these videos ill make sure to do more research next time ;0

thanks

BAMF1501
December 12th, 2009, 07:27 AM
IM just gonna merge all my video reviews into one thread so i dont have to keep creating a new one everytime ;)

Epidemic GNU/Linux 3.1 Beta 3 ScreenCast-Review
This is a review/screencast of the nice kde based distrubution enjoy and please comment rat eand subscribe if you enjoy my videos thanks again :0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRywBFqEbws

AllRadioisDead
December 12th, 2009, 07:46 AM
I found that really random and you talked too fast, it was pretty annoying.

BAMF1501
December 12th, 2009, 07:49 AM
I found that really random and you talked too fast, it was pretty annoying.

sorry bout that will speak slower next time another reason why i speak fast is cause if i speak slow i cannot pronounce my "r"'s correctly so thats a reason why i speak fast :)

MiCK.ca
December 12th, 2009, 02:40 PM
that's ok buddy, you talk the way you are comfortable talking. Some of us have speech problems so we have to adapt. I grew up with similar issues and nowadays i don't care what people think.

My kids, same problem...there's only so much you can do. Good job on the video BTW. excellent. keep up the good work.

XubuRoxMySox
December 12th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I like the idea of introducing people to Xubuntu that way... I think part of the reason it seems so random is that you were using Xubuntu for the very first time as you were making the video.

I might suggest that you get to know it, and show newbies how to set up a custom panel, change the wallpaper (and perhaps how to add wallpapers), then give a quick tour of the applications.

Also if it were me I would tell them how and why Xubuntu is different from Ubuntu. No PulseAudio, for example; no Mono. Explain what some of the default applications do (For example I had to choose an app to open pictures with, and I didn't even recognize several of the names because I'm new to Xfce).

I like videos for teaching (Nixie Pixel's are awesome, very thoughtfully done, thorough, newbie-friendly) and I appreciate you and others who take the time to make them - and to make them available to others.

Thanks,
Robin

NoaHall
December 12th, 2009, 05:54 PM
Ehm. You can install EVERYTHING that you can install on UBUNTU. XFCE does not control what software you can install. It's built on GTK, so even if there was a control, it would mean you can't install KDE apps. But, you can, because there is no control. DE != Software packages limitations.

BAMF1501
December 12th, 2009, 06:39 PM
THanks guys :) it means allot

Warpnow
December 12th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I'd reccomend a voice over rather than video, That way you can edit it together in post without anyone noticing. Then, if you notice you said just ONE thong too fast, you can rip it out and say it again.

BAMF1501
December 12th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I'd reccomend a voice over rather than video, That way you can edit it together in post without anyone noticing. Then, if you notice you said just ONE thong too fast, you can rip it out and say it again.

Ill try that out :)

BAMF1501
December 12th, 2009, 10:27 PM
Jolicloud OS Beta (ScreenCast)-Review

This is my os review hope you enjoy this is ment for netbooks not dekstop pc's :) so enjoy please comment rate and subscribe hope you enjoy my videos and thanks again for supporting my videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRR7dQqT5ow

BAMF1501
December 14th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Kubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) Review - ScreenCast

This is my newest screencast of kubuntu 9.10 and as you knw if u seen my other videos i make screen-cast to help new users to the linux family tips tricks etc.. hope you enjoy and thanks for all your support...

BTW I Got 3 more of my friends to switch completely from windows 7 to Ubuntu and LInux Mint :)

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUZXMPnIT48

Techsnap
December 14th, 2009, 10:58 PM
It uses the same repos as Ubuntu so it has EXACTLY the same software selection. Also I don't recommend it for old computers, Zenwalk or Fedora XFCE spin would be more appropriate IMO.

BAMF1501
December 15th, 2009, 04:07 AM
Not all the softwar works unde rit though like my cheese doest or chrome etc

BAMF1501
December 17th, 2009, 11:02 PM
Fedora 12 ScreenCast/Review (Installation)

This is a simple screencast / review for new people to fedora and how to install also this is a great distrubution but i honestly prefer ubuntu over it simple cause ubuntu is the king of kings when it comes to running linux. Thanks again for watching my videos please comment rate and subscribe have a great day :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqFSaeLFvU