PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] HP DV9417CA Install

koolair
December 11th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to linux and am trying to install ubuntu 9.10 on my former vista laptop.

Problem: I hit enter and all it does is reboot and go back to the first screen. I hit install again and it does the same.

I turned off noapic and nolapic. tried again. no dice.

I also tried try B4 you buy option. Still no dice.

Anyone got any hints? As you can tell I'm a total noob. Hopefully that will change =)

dhavalbbhatt
December 11th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to linux and am trying to install ubuntu 9.10 on my former vista laptop.

Problem: I hit enter and all it does is reboot and go back to the first screen. I hit install again and it does the same.

I turned off noapic and nolapic. tried again. no dice.

I also tried try B4 you buy option. Still no dice.

Anyone got any hints? As you can tell I'm a total noob. Hopefully that will change =)

I think we need a bit more information then you saying you are hitting enter and encountering an issue.

Let's begin with what kind of system do you have and in terms of partitions. Are you trying to dual boot or is this going to be the only OS on the machine that you mentioned.

Secondly, did you try using the LiveCD feature? If so, what did you find out - was everything working for you? If you have not tried out the LiveCD environment, then please do so.

Please provide the above information, it will aide the folks trying to help you.