PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Browser...

DeusExM1
December 11th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Hey guys ! what is your favorite Browser? Firefox always runs like a piece of crap for me so i was forced to look for alternatives. I first tried opera, (which was a considerable upgrade). then i moved on to use chromium. The only thing i can say is.. Wow. Never had anything run so fast in my life on a pc. definately the way to go...

If any of you have not yet tried a chromium build i highly recommend it.

Greg
December 11th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Conkeror. I also use Midori, and am waiting for Uzbl's Experimental branch to work with tabs again.

Chimmer
December 11th, 2009, 02:50 AM
If any of you have not yet tried a chromium build i highly recommend it.

Sorry, tried it but I can't live without mouse gestures. I tried all the gestures extensions for Chrome and none of them worked.

DeusExM1
December 11th, 2009, 02:52 AM
for me the priority is speed usually, although i can understand why a missing feature can make a browser a no-go. I was trying to show my friends how awesome ubuntu is, and they saw how slow firefox ran and lets just say that didnt really help my cause. So now that i have this handy, time to get my revenge.

Marvin666
December 11th, 2009, 02:58 AM
I'm a mozilla junkie. Firefox for browser, and thunderbird for e-mail.

pwnst*r
December 11th, 2009, 03:00 AM
other = Chrome

MooPi
December 11th, 2009, 03:06 AM
I use firefox almost all of the time but I recently loaded Midori on a Atom CPU shoebox computer and I like it. It is very light on the resources and this little computer needed light.

x33a
December 11th, 2009, 03:20 AM
i occasionally use chromium and opera for a fast browsing session. but, firefox rest of the time.

The_Pirate_King
December 11th, 2009, 03:27 AM
I use Internet Explorer! : D
Lol naw. Hahahaha. Firefox all the way.

I've never used Opera [the name turns me off]
I have no idea what Conqueror is
Is Chromium like... open source google chrome?

pwnst*r
December 11th, 2009, 03:28 AM
I've never used Opera [the name turns me off]

"fox". oh, i get it.

SLEEPER_V
December 11th, 2009, 03:30 AM
other = Chrome

for some reason I like you. You're a ****, but in a fun way. I agree. Chrome, straight up.

red_Marvin
December 11th, 2009, 03:31 AM
uzbl.

YeOK
December 11th, 2009, 03:32 AM
Chromium and Opera, chromium is a great browser but still has font rendering issues, opera still manages to load pages fast and its new external widgets are a nice touch. The twitter widget seems to use a lot less ram and cpu than an air application.

JBAlaska
December 11th, 2009, 03:33 AM
@The_Pirate_King, Konqueror is the default KDE browser / file manager and is pretty sweet. But I'm a FF kinda guy and prolly always will be.

Chromium..meh

SLEEPER_V
December 11th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Konqueror is the default KDE browser / file manager and is pretty sweet. But I'm a FF kinda guy and prolly always will be.

Chromium..meh

Konqueror is friggin monolithic. Its like a giant tortoise pulling a boulder slow.

pwnst*r
December 11th, 2009, 03:35 AM
for some reason I like you. You're a ****, but in a fun way. I agree. Chrome, straight up.

why yes, yes, i can be.

Simon17
December 11th, 2009, 03:42 AM
lynx.

laceration
December 11th, 2009, 04:02 AM
I had a brief infatuation w/ Chromium and then went back to the fox. The add-ons do it for me and with 3.5 they started addressing the bloat + it is much snappier.

DeusExM1
December 12th, 2009, 06:19 AM
wish i could use ff like you guys. idk how it works on your systems but its bulky as hell for me.

Khakilang
December 12th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Firefox most of the time but maybe I have Chromium as a back up just in case.

gradinaruvasile
December 12th, 2009, 08:40 AM
I like Opera for its looks and features.
And Chromium (lately) for its impressive speed. And i use Adblock+ with it, it rocks.

I also use Seamonkey, that is a browser that is a bit ugly, but works in most cases the others fail - and its better than Firefox. And has the mailer component.

kagashe
December 12th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I voted for Chromium but I mean Chrome from dev channel has been my favorite since last 2 months and now more so with so many extensions.

kagashe

SuperSonic4
December 12th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Arora

Zoot7
December 12th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Firefox for its addons. :)

vishzilla
December 12th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Firefox at work. Chromium at home! :)

I see Chromium edging out Firefox since all my extensions have to come Chromium.

Psumi
December 12th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Firefox, here.

RabbitWho
December 12th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Swiftfox (for some reason Iceweasle was slower for me)

KommaH
December 12th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Firefox. :D

Uncle Spellbinder
December 12th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I chose "Other" as there is no SeaMonkey 2.0 choice. Been a SeaMonkey user for several years and 2.0 is FANTASTIC.

chessnerd
December 12th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Opera. Without a doubt my favorite browser. It was suggested by a guy at school a year ago and I've never looked back.

Not everyone likes Opera, and it's not perfect, but it's the best browser I've come across in my trek through the browser war-zone. It's packed with features without the need for extensions and version 10 is pretty fast on both Windows and Linux (not as fast as Chrome, but then again nothing is).

If I had to pick a number two it would probably be Chrome, but that's too bare bones for me. I need features when using my browser.

In fact, I miss Opera's functionality whenever I'm not using it. Frequently in other browsers, and even in things like Windows Explorer and Nautilus, I'll try to use mouse gestures only to remember that, sadly, I'm not in Scandinavia anymore...

Shpongle
December 12th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Chromium , its really fast and uses less memory with the same plugins as ff

scouser73
December 14th, 2009, 09:49 AM
http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/firefox_.jpg

speedwell68
December 14th, 2009, 09:53 AM
I voted for Firefox, but I really use Swiftfox. Easily as quick as the Chrominum base browsers. Firefox was getting a little slow with the huge amount of addons I use. You can get Swiftfox through a repository too...

http://getswiftfox.com/

HappinessNow
December 14th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Other!

Google Chrome ftw! :P

Chimmer
December 14th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Opera. Without a doubt my favorite browser. It was suggested by a guy at school a year ago and I've never looked back.

I used Opera for years, starting with version 4.x. I even paid for it back then.

I still keep it for a backup but Firefox's ability to "customer build" a browser with all the different extensions available is what made me switch.

Alex Libman
December 14th, 2009, 01:36 PM
I hope to quit Firefox for a permissively-licensed Chromium fork once it (and all the add-ons I need) are stable, but it won't be an easy transition... I get very attached to my browsers... sob sob... :-({|=

hoppipolla
December 14th, 2009, 01:42 PM
wow so many for Firefox! I honestly didn't see that coming I thought Chrome/Chromium would get the attention! Oh well, I mean I actually ticked both :)

scouser73
December 14th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I voted for Firefox, but I have just installed Google Chrome and I have to say, it's looking rather good.