PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] New & Can't Get Anymore Support-Please Have a Look

Uadebisi
December 10th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Hi,

I have been trying to install Ubuntu on my formerly Windows desktop for days yet continue to have problem after problem. I was receiving great support in my first thread but haven't heard back from anyone. Besides, that thread is essentially resolved although I would like to understand how & why.

Please have a look at the following thread, which will also direct you to my other two. Unless you have a lot of time on your hands, you may not want to involve yourself with the first thread, considering that it is 10 pages long! I am at a stand still, not using my machine as I don't know if there is some sort of threat. I say that only because ever since the resolution issues began, there is something in the trash & when I hover over that item, I am told that the source of the item cannot be trusted. This is explained further in one of my threads. I would appreciate the help!

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8471513

bodhi.zazen
December 11th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Hi,

I have been trying to install Ubuntu on my formerly Windows desktop for days yet continue to have problem after problem. I was receiving great support in my first thread but haven't heard back from anyone. Besides, that thread is essentially resolved although I would like to understand how & why.

Please have a look at the following thread, which will also direct you to my other two. Unless you have a lot of time on your hands, you may not want to involve yourself with the first thread, considering that it is 10 pages long! I am at a stand still, not using my machine as I don't know if there is some sort of threat. I say that only because ever since the resolution issues began, there is something in the trash & when I hover over that item, I am told that the source of the item cannot be trusted. This is explained further in one of my threads. I would appreciate the help!

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=8471513

I replied in your thread.

You need to provide relevant information, what printer do you have and is it compatible with Linux ?