PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Listen buttons for latest type of Amazon music sampling doesn't show up

wjbite
December 10th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Amazon seems to have yet another mechanism to allow you to sample music before buying it, called Amazon Music Sampler. For example, see http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0029F2EVW/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=3448366581&ref=pd_sl_27z0qbl1m5_e
There should be LISTEN links to the right of each song. These links show up on our mac OS and window OS machines, but not on our Ubuntu systems. I am using Firefox 3.0.15 and ubuntu 9.04, but the same problem occurs on a machine with the latest versions of each. The Amazon "audio help page" indicates that the sampler works on Microsoft and Mac OS's but then also sends you to the Mozilla home page to get "free downloads for the supported browser" for linux. I couldn't find anything is the synaptic package manager or in Firefox add-ons that seemed address the problem. Do YOU know of a fix for this?

Probie
July 19th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I see that no one has replied to this post. I am having the same problem with Ubuntu 10.04. Does anyone have any solutions?