PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] After install, loading login screen causes video to cut out

Triple Threat
December 10th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I install 9.04 today (9.10 installer can't find my partitions, which is another issue altogether) and after reboot grub loads etc. I hear the little African drum beat and then the screen goes blue and I get Vizio's "Not Support!" error on the screen which means that the resolution Ubuntu is trying to use is not supported by my HDTV. I don't know why it did this since Windows is fine and the live CD and installations are fine, but I'm wondering how I might go about fixing this. I'm assuming that I should boot into recovery mode and edit a config file somewhere? I guess really have two questions here:

1) Why did Ubuntu setup with a resolution that doesn't work when the installation resolution was fine?
2) How can I fix this?

Triple Threat
December 11th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Ok, I was able to fix this. I went into recovery mode and selected the option to fix X problems. I forgot the exact title of the option, but it should be obvious. Something about reverting a video display or something.