PDA

View Full Version : i even get junk mail from FBI

sdowney717
December 10th, 2009, 09:26 PM
just happened to glance in my junk folder. now they are pretending to be FBI.
'monitory'?

From: ROBERT S. MUELLER, III (directormueller@btinternet.com)
Medium riskYou may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Thu 12/10/09 1:08 AM
To:

Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Anti-Terrorist And Monitory Crime Division.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation.
J.Edgar.Hoover Building Washington Dc
http://www.fbi.gov/libref/directors/directmain.htm

Attn: Beneficiary,

This is to Officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have thoroughly Investigated with the help of our Intelligence Monitoring Network System that you are having an illegal Transaction with Impostors claiming to be Prof. Charles C. Soludo of the Central Bank Of Nigeria, Mr. Patrick Aziza, Mr Frank Nweke, Dr. Philip Mogan, none officials of Oceanic Bank, Zenith Banks, Barr. Derrick Smith, kelvin Young of HSBC, Ben of FedEx, Ibrahim Sule,Larry Christopher, Dr. Usman Shamsuddeen, Dr. Philip Mogan, Paul Adim, Puppy Scammers are impostors claiming to be the Federal Bureau Of Investigation. During our Investigation, we noticed that the reason why you have not received your payment is because you have not fulfilled your Financial Obligation given to you in respect of your Contract/Inheritance Payment.

Therefore, we have contacted the Federal Ministry Of Finance on your behalf and they have brought a solution to your problem by coordinating your payment in total USD$11,000.000.00 in an ATM CARD which you can use to withdraw money from any ATM MACHINE CENTER anywhere in the world with a maximum of $4000 to $5000 United States Dollars daily. You now have the lawful right to claim your fund in an ATM CARD.

Since the Federal Bureau of Investigation is involved in this transaction, you have to be rest assured for this is 100% risk free it is our duty to protect the American Citizens. All I want you to do is to contact the ATM CARD CENTER via email for their requirements to proceed and procure your Approval Slip on your behalf which will cost you $110.00 only and note that your Approval Slip which contains details of the agent who will process your transaction.
CONTACT INFORMATION
NAME: Mr. Kelvin Williams
EMAIL: williamskelvin22@yahoo.cn
Telephone: +2348191213677

Do contact Mr Mr. Kelvin Williams of the ATM PAYMENT CENTER with your details:

FULL NAME:
HOME ADDRESS:
TELL:
CELL:
CURRENT OCCUPATION:
BANK NAME:

So your files would be updated after which he will send the payment information's which you'll use in making payment of $110.00 via Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram Transfer for the procurement of your Approval Slip after which the delivery of your ATM CARD will be effected to your designated home address without any further delay.We order you get back to this office after you have contacted the ATM SWIFT CARD CENTER and we do await your response so we can move on with our Investigation and make sure your ATM SWIFT CARD gets to you.
Thanks and hope to read from you soon.

ROBERT S. MUELLER, III
DIRECTOR, FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535
http://www.fbi.gov/libref/directors/directmain.htm

Note: Do disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to be in possession of your ATM CARD, you are hereby advice only to be in contact with Mr. Kelvin Williams of the ATM CARD CENTER who is the rightful person to deal with in regards to your ATM CARD PAYMENT and forward any emails you get from impostors to this office so we could act upon and commence investigation.

NoaHall
December 10th, 2009, 09:30 PM
It's not the FBI. It's not real at all.

Simon17
December 10th, 2009, 09:32 PM
But they want to pay you "USD$11,000.000.00" !!!

How could you pass up than many decimal points?

LinuxFanBoi
December 10th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Wow... e-mail scams impersonating the FBI? This could get their attention.

Or not. They're probably too busy.

pwnst*r
December 10th, 2009, 09:44 PM
lol @ OP

lisati
December 10th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I get similar emails from time to times, usually from addresses associated with "free" email providers such as Yahoo or Hotmail.

I had a good look at one such email I received. The alleged "from" email address suggested they were in one place, the text of the email said somewhere else, and a bit of research into the servers the email passed through suggested somewhere else again. When challenged about this and how it wasn't a good look, the "agent" said there was nothing wrong with this.

A polite request that they send you the money via Paypal might do the trick - just watch out for an email sending you to a fake PayPal website.

suitedaces
December 10th, 2009, 09:49 PM
I say go for it. If it's legit, it's a massive payday.

starcannon
December 10th, 2009, 09:49 PM
Lol, WOW, the Director of the FBI is personally seeing to it that you get your $11m dollars from Nigeria.
Robert S. Mueller, III (http://www.fbi.gov/libref/directors/directmain.htm)

You must be extra special :P

P.S.
Just in case, you should know this is a 419 scam: http://www.419scam.org/emails/2007-08/06/01127331.1.htm

Simon17
December 10th, 2009, 09:53 PM
The Chinamen are trying to encroach on the Nigerian's turf now? They should just stick with the Warcraft gold spamming.

ElSlunko
December 10th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I got an email from the FBI too saying they know what I did last summer. :\

Plumtreed
December 10th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Why do they do it? This sort of scam must have no chance of success!

jwbrase
December 10th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I think I've seen this one before. What really makes me LOL at that is the "Federal Ministry of Finance" bit. You don't hear the word "Ministry" for anything relating to the government in the US. Only stuff like "Department," "Bureau," etc. "Ministry" is only used for departments of foreign governments and for certain religious organizations.

Seems like they need to do a bit more research on the Treasury Department.

sandyd
December 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM
just happened to glance in my junk folder. now they are pretending to be FBI.
'monitory'?
<snip>
NAME: Mr. Kelvin Williams
EMAIL: williamskelvin22@yahoo.cn
Telephone: +2348191213677
<snip>

When did the FBI ever start using Yahoo?

FAIL.

Even if this WAS true, you would probably be notified when you walk down the starirs one morning and see them sitting in your living room.

lisati
December 10th, 2009, 10:03 PM
When did the FBI ever start using Yahoo?

FAIL.

+1. Or gmail or hotmail for that matter.

sdowney717
December 10th, 2009, 10:09 PM
i think because people lack common sense and fall into the trap.
i have noticed this happen to some older folks. My father in law got scammed by a pretend landscaping guy to whom he paid $2000 up front money. the con artist was a single young guy 'college student ' working his way thru school. He talked a good talk. He took the money and spent one day working and vanished.

I have another friend who had a house addition foundation and poured driveway done.
my friend paid half up front around $7500. The guy poured the foundation out of square and it was not level. (this was not discovered until much later in the job). So then the contractor was paid more to do the driveway, When the day to pour the driveway came, this contractor came out and said he did not have any money to pay the workers or buy any concrete. So here we are surrounded by 12 workers who are not going to get paid and ready to pour concrete. Even though he had been paid, my friend if he wanted a driveway put in would have to buy all the concrete. Well he did buy it and this contractor was some fat slob of a guy whose truck then broke down in the street.

samjh
December 11th, 2009, 12:16 AM
From: ROBERT S. MUELLER, III (directormueller@btinternet.com)

ROFL.

Last I checked, impersonating a law enforcement official was a criminal offence. Perhaps you should inform the real FBI. ;)

MaxIBoy
December 11th, 2009, 01:04 AM
Because the FBI totally has Yahoo email accounts, and it absolutely informs you when you are being monitored.

Why not play along, dare them to rock on over to your house in the partyvan. See what happens. (Naturally give the address of a police station or something.)

Cuddles McKitten
December 11th, 2009, 01:33 AM
I wish I got these e-mails. I've seen lots of examples where people pretend to be fooled and string the scammers along for amusement. The game is to see how ridiculous an act you can make the scammers perform for you before giving up.

My favorite was convincing the scammers that he could give them the money they wanted and more if they send him videos for a dance contest and one of said video won.

lisati
December 11th, 2009, 01:46 AM
I wish I got these e-mails. I've seen lots of examples where people pretend to be fooled and string the scammers along for amusement. The game is to see how ridiculous an act you can make the scammers perform for you before giving up.

My favorite was convincing the scammers that he could give them the money they wanted and more if they send him videos for a dance contest and one of said video won.

I have a couple of stock responses prepared for playing along with scammers, depending on what they ask and which email address they send their "business proposal" to. I've attached an example of what I send out in response to emails received at my main email address. Feel free to adapt it to your needs and provide feedback.