PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!!11 Ubuntu is the evil!!!11!!

DrFunkenstein
February 23rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
Ladies and gentelmen,
the terrible, terrible truth is out:

cancomical-lynchpad (http://geekz.co.uk/lovesraymond/archive/cancomical-lynchpad)

Bandit
February 23rd, 2006, 04:05 PM
Are you working for Microsoft(tm)?
P.S. $50 check is in the mail for using the word microsoft..

DrFunkenstein
February 23rd, 2006, 04:08 PM
Are you working for Microsoft(tm)?
P.S. $50 check is in the mail for using the word microsoft..
In fact, yes I am.
You found me out.
Well done.

P.S.: Sorry to say, but as of January 1st, it's 100$.

KingBahamut
February 23rd, 2006, 04:20 PM
Heres my favorite bit

Check out the CEO link from Mandriva

One possible worse case scenario is that Ubuntu's plan is to use money to put all other community-based distros out of business and then start monetizing the installed base. If this were the case, they are doing the easy part: increasing their market share by giving away the product.

This is one of 3 things.

1. Mandriva complaining about their losing market share (most likely the most probable of the three)
2. Devils advocate here folks -- he could be right.
3. An attempt to stop number 1 from getting as large as it is getting by stating an opinion and getting the rally hounds behind them.

=)

Either way, I firmly and personally believe that mandriva is just trying to push what they see as "fashionability" as an improbable fad. Gentoo isnt a fad, there is still a large userbase. Gentoo revolutionized Source Specific distributions , something that up until it came around was only done by a few (source mage, sorcerer, one or two others here and there). Knoppix isnt a fad, there are still a number of large users of that product as well, and honestly, Knoppix revolutionized the Live CD concept.

This CEOs statements are both premature and unfounded. Such premonition can then only be attributed to say , an attempt at foresight that will lead into a quick hindsight statement to correct it.

DigitalDuality
February 23rd, 2006, 05:51 PM
Dude.. are you the DrFunkenstein that's on bluelight?

Bandit
February 23rd, 2006, 07:47 PM
In fact, yes I am.
You found me out.
Well done.

P.S.: Sorry to say, but as of January 1st, it's 100$.

LOL.. :D
I would very doubt it would ever happen, but the scarey part is that anything is possible :-?