PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Ubunutu Look Like 7 Image?

dudeabides
December 10th, 2009, 06:49 PM
My room mate and I found a perfect candidate to put Ubuntu on his laptop, disguising it as Windows 7. While there are a few tutorials out there with directions as to how to do this, we were wondering if any image exists with 7 skins preloaded. Yes, we're both noobs, and yes, I googled my brains out already :-)

Thanks!

coffeecat
December 10th, 2009, 06:58 PM
Have I got this right? Is the "perfect candidate" a third person that you and your room-mate want to play a joke on by replacing his Windows 7 with a themed Ubuntu? Will he be able to restore Windows7 if he doesn't get on with Ubuntu? Will his personal settings and data be safe? Will he find the joke funny?

My apologies if I have misunderstood you, but the way you have described this sounds like a practical joke that has the potential to cause a lot of heartache.

Perhaps you could clarify.

dudeabides
December 10th, 2009, 07:30 PM
haha - no, not a practical joke. His laptop was toast, he was running Vista before, and the battery doesn't even work. He asked if we could fix it, so we're gonna throw Ubuntu on...sorry if it sounds like a practical joke.

Yvan300
December 10th, 2009, 08:33 PM
It would be much easier for you to just follow one of the windows 7 tutorials than to hunt down a windows 7 themed distro. Trust me.

blackened
December 10th, 2009, 08:46 PM
haha - no, not a practical joke. His laptop was toast, he was running Vista before, and the battery doesn't even work. He asked if we could fix it, so we're gonna throw Ubuntu on...sorry if it sounds like a practical joke.

Why not just reinstall Vista since he was already using, and thus already familiar with, it? If he didn't explicitly ask you to install Ubuntu, then you should go back with what he originally had.

Usufruct
December 10th, 2009, 10:20 PM
It's Linux, you could make it look like an 18th century London opium den if you had a mind to. I'm sure there's a tutorial somewhere for that.

3Miro
December 11th, 2009, 05:01 AM
Try starting with KDE, it is more like windows.

gs777
December 11th, 2009, 11:52 AM
why do you want ubuntu ,or any linux distro to look like windows

sigurnjak
December 11th, 2009, 01:30 PM
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Win2-7+Pack?content=113264

Good luck !:D