PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Gnome Panel CPU Usage maxes

akrobert
December 10th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Hello.
I have noticed since updating to 9.10 I will be doing things and all of a sudden the CPU usage shoots into the high 90s and all the menu panels go unresponsive. When I bring up the Gnome System Monitor it shows Gnome Panel in the high 90s for usage instead of sleeping and around 0.

If I stop gnome panel the issue goes away and everything runs normal and doesnt lag but of course no panels work. If I end gnome panel after several times of going through this it seems to finally work fine.

Im not sure if somethings triggering this as far as another program as I have not seen a pattern here or if its something in Karmic causing the problem. I looked online and havnt found any kind of explaination or fix for this.

thanks for any help

Robert

oldfred
December 10th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I have seen this also but just on reboot for about 20 seconds. Places will not open ( it flashes & closes) but I can get into the terminal to see that is the gnome-panel.

akrobert
December 11th, 2009, 04:39 AM
This is happening at sporadic intervals. I havnt been able to tie it to any particular program, time or event. I just know that it happens until I kill it and end gnome panel quite a few times and then seems to just go back to normal

Robert

oldfred
December 11th, 2009, 05:35 AM
I did read somewhere that the filecheck is so much faster because it is loading the system before the check is done. That would make sense on why the files are not available and the system is busy.