PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] unwanted desktop dock --- remove --- appeared inexplicably, 9.10

raequin
December 10th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Greetings. I upgraded from 9.04 to 9.10 (Koala) recently. One thing that failed to transfer was my keyboard command to summon Gnome Do. That is really beside the point. What prompted this thread is that the first time I used Do (from the Applications menu), it came up in a "dock" panel at the bottom of the desktop. Here is a screenshot.

http://raequin.uuuq.com/forLinkingTo/Screenshot.png

I removed the bottom panel a long time ago and I want my screen real estate back. Please tell me what this panel is (why it suddenly appeared) and, most importantly, how to remove it.

Thanks.

* Edit: Wow, I found the answer, quite by accident, after searching for half an hour before posting this thread. One just has to go to preferences in Do and change appearance from "Docky" to classic. Phew.

5nak3
December 10th, 2009, 07:54 PM
just a note, you do know that with gnome-do you can make the dock smaller and more importantly hide it behind windows so as it will only appear once you move your mouse to the bottom on the screen.

Also it might be worth mentioning gnome-do's dock function I believe has become its own separate dock program called docky.

lotharmat
December 10th, 2009, 07:57 PM
just a note, you do know that with gnome-do you can make the dock smaller and more importantly hide it behind windows so as it will only appear once you move your mouse to the bottom on the screen.

Also it might be worth mentioning gnome-do's dock function I believe has become its own separate dock program called docky.

There is a youtube video about 'Docky 2.0' - It looks rather good!