PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Install any type of software problem

Borrot
December 9th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Hello ubuntu users. Yesterday I installed ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala and today I've got some problems. When i press "Programs> Program center for ubuntu(or what it's called in the English version of ubuntu)" and then try to install any type of software it says "Waiting for other programhandlers(?) to exit". I've no other program center running so I don't know what to do..

This is not the only problem I've had.. It seems that it's impossible to install any type of software.. Is it a problem with the system?

Do you have an answer on any of these questions? If you do, please help me.

dhavalbbhatt
December 9th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Hello ubuntu users. Yesterday I installed ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala and today I've got some problems. When i press "Programs> Program center for ubuntu(or what it's called in the English version of ubuntu)" and then try to install any type of software it says "Waiting for other programhandlers(?) to exit". I've no other program center running so I don't know what to do..

This is not the only problem I've had.. It seems that it's impossible to install any type of software.. Is it a problem with the system?

Do you have an answer on any of these questions? If you do, please help me.

There are various things that are considered "program centers" within Ubuntu. Synaptic and "apt-get" (the command line version of synaptic) are also considered "program centers". Make sure you close these as well. I am guessing a re-start will kill all "software centers" that you are running. Personally, I like Synaptic more than the new "Software Center" in 9.10.

Borrot
December 9th, 2009, 06:21 PM
I lol'ed.. I didn't do anything and now it works like a charm. Thanks for trying to helping me btw.