PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Auto hiding programs

HeretikSaint
December 9th, 2009, 08:50 AM
I'm not exactly sure this is the right place to ask this but I figured I would start here.

I am using Karmic Koala and I was playing around and customizing my desktop, my themes, playing around with different themes with different applications and I suddenly had an idea.

My idea:
I want the buddy list in pidgin to sort of act like a task bar. I was wondering if I can get the pidgin buddy list to auto-hide on the left of the screen and pop out of the left of the screen on mouse-over.

Is this something that can be done? Any information or ideas would be excellent and I appreciate it. Thank you.

earthpigg
December 9th, 2009, 09:58 AM
hi,

off the top of my head, the closest thing i can think of at present is what i do...

keep it on another 'cube side' of the desktop cube. usually it hangs out on the same face as my music player. click on its icon in the task bar, and i am switched over to that cube side.

HeretikSaint
December 9th, 2009, 04:22 PM
hi,

off the top of my head, the closest thing i can think of at present is what i do...

keep it on another 'cube side' of the desktop cube. usually it hangs out on the same face as my music player. click on its icon in the task bar, and i am switched over to that cube side.

I appreciate your reply and I think that will be a fine fix for now. However, I do wish to actually implement my buddy list into being an auto-hiding task bar. Does anyone know of anyway I could do this? Any help is appreciated.