PDA

View Full Version : Man I hate the ruddy TM Repository!

hoppipolla
December 9th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Ugh!!!!! lol

Sorry... I won't rant, I don't want this to turn into flaming I just wanted to express my opinion amongst like-minded people, so please don't turn this into anything jail-worthy ok? :)

Thing is... I understand they are dissatisfied but they are just as bad as we are. I was also so close to making this TM:

Yourejustalinuxfanboy™

To highlight the fact that, like it or lump it, there is a REASON we all sit here on Linux. We use it because, for some reason or another... we LIKE it. That's the thing, Windows users have this big theory that we use it because of some strange dedication or cult when in fact omg... :o we just like it!

That's pretty much it, I guess this is just my reaction to finding one of the larger anti-linux sites on the net xD

Up until now I have only ever seen pro-linux sites so this is a first for me! :)

Here is the site for anyone who hasn't seen it: http://www.tmrepository.com

Again please don't flame this thread (against either me or the site!) I just wanted to express my view here that's all :)

Hoppi!

SunnyRabbiera
December 9th, 2009, 09:35 AM
The site looks awful, I dislike dark colors in websites.
A better anti linux website is linsux.

Crunchy the Headcrab
December 9th, 2009, 09:40 AM
That's the thing, Windows users have this big theory that we use it because of some strange dedication or cult when in fact omg... :o we just like it!

Speak for yourself. I'm in the Tux cult. Now where did I put my club? It's time to sacrifice some macs.

ZankerH
December 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
To highlight the fact that, like it or lump it, there is a REASON we all sit here on Linux. We use it because, for some reason or another... we LIKE it. That's the thing, Windows users have this big theory that we use it because of some strange dedication or cult when in fact omg... :o we just like it!

Speak for yourself. The cult of GNU only uses Linux because it's the most stable kernel for the GNU operating system. :D

the yawner
December 9th, 2009, 09:46 AM
What is this linux thing and where do I get it?

BenAshton24
December 9th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Speak for yourself. I'm in the Tux cult. Now where did I put my club? It's time to sacrifice some macs.

Awww, but we did that last week! I wanna shred some windows disks :(

KiwiNZ
December 9th, 2009, 10:14 AM
I don't think we need an inter site war

Thread closed