PDA

View Full Version : Installing 64bit ISOs on i5 machine

mfr1003
December 9th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I'm having trouble getting the computer to recognize 2 discs that have Ubuntu 64bit ISOs. My hardware is as follows:

i5 Lynnfield
p55 standard intel i5 mobo
1gb WDC HDD
4 (2x2)gb OCZ ddr3 RAM
9800 gt EE GPU
550w PSU
2 120mm fans

The machine would not recognize either DVD-R burned copy of Ultimate Edition 2.4 or 2.5. I also put 2.5 on an 8gb Flash drive, which was cleaned of everything else. I set the BIOS to allow USB booting, and to allow USB to boot first, so that's not it.

The silly part is the first 32-bit OS I installed (Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 2.2), also on an old DVD-R, booted up and installed in a relatively simple way.

It's not just an ubuntu thing either, a LEGAL copy of xp 32-bit would also not install, and gave me a BSOD before the OS even had a chance to install, which has to be some kind of record. :popcorn:

Please help me, I just want to install UUE 64bit, or just regular 910 64bit. What did I do wrong? I burned both ISOs using PowerISO, just like I've done for EVERY other OS ISO I've ever made. I put all the parts together correctly, because otherwise the box would've never powered on and installed itself.

Best,

Mike :KS :KS :KS