PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] eMachines

tazz4vr
December 9th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Okay, I purchased an eMachine, needed a puter really really quick, haven't had any issue's with it, it works great, however I do have a question and have not had success is getting an answer.

When looking under icon, My Computer, it shows me OS (C) and also Data (D). OS (C) shows usage, however Data (D) is empty. My question is this, and I apologize for my lack of computer skills/know-how, but is the Data part for stuff such as spreadsheets, word doc's, etc....? Basically, what can I put in the Data part to free up some of the OS part?

I hope the above makes sense, I apologize if it does not. If there is other info you need to help me with this question, please let me know.

Locke_99GS
December 9th, 2009, 03:14 AM
"Data" partitions manufacturers use as a place where you can put all your random stuff. Really, you can put anything you want onto that drive. I usually wipe them and use their space for other partitions.

If you put your documents and such into there, when Windows borks itself and needs reinstalled, all your important data will still be in tact on that other drive.

tazz4vr
December 9th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Thank you very much for your response and answering my question.