PDA

View Full Version : Why are women always so catty towards young girls?

Starring_Emma
December 8th, 2009, 08:53 PM
Answer this seriously please. Why are women always so catty and nasty towards young girls? Why do we get the nasty glares and snippy comments when we're out laughing and having fun. Women always seem to be especially catty when girls seems to be happy and enjoying life. Is it because women hate to be reminded of their own carefree youth, their fading beauty and the wonderful feeling of being in love for the first time? Why are women this way? I don't think men are this way, which is why I like them more.

NoaHall
December 8th, 2009, 08:55 PM
Because young girls tend to have a certain ... behaviour after a certain age(around 15). All younger girls get labelled due to this.
Also, children are quite often behaved very badly - I don't blame anyone who fears/hates them.

Also, you do know this is a Ubuntu(GNU/Linux distribution) forum. While there are some females here, most are males. Fact.

handy
December 8th, 2009, 08:58 PM
It is near impossible to be objective about our subjective.

Immaturity rarely catches a glimpse of itself! ;)

RiceMonster
December 8th, 2009, 08:59 PM
If you're laughing and talking really loudly as if everyone wants in on your conversation, this may be why people act this way. I've seen teenage boys and girls act like this, and it's annoying either way. Actually, I've seen people older than 30 act like that, and that's just the worst.

People of all ages can be really annoying in public, come to think of it, but young people get blamed or labelled more for it.

whiskeylover
December 8th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Answer this seriously please. Why are women always so catty and nasty towards young girls? Why do we get the nasty glares and snippy comments when we're out laughing and having fun. Women always seem to be especially catty when girls seems to be happy and enjoying life. Is it because women hate to be reminded of their own carefree youth, their fading beauty and the wonderful feeling of being in love for the first time? Why are women this way? I don't think men are this way, which is why I like them more.

Its true the other way round too. General fact: women (old and young) are bitchy towards each other.

handy
December 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Its true the other way round too. General fact: women (old and young) are bitchy towards each other.

:lolflag: & guys are bitchy to women of all ages too, apparently!

Marvin666
December 8th, 2009, 09:12 PM
I tend to get glares from old people just from my appearance. Straight dark hair that I grow out, and I wear alot of black. Maybe they just confuse my for a skateboarder, or an emo kid.

Starring_Emma
December 8th, 2009, 09:19 PM
Also, you do know this is a Ubuntu(GNU/Linux distribution) forum. While there are some females here, most are males. Fact.

I would like to know what the male opinion is on this. When women answer this question they are usually in attack mode for me bringing this fact out in to the light... Not that it isn't VERY clear that this happens all the time!

Ylon
December 8th, 2009, 09:23 PM

Because seems you're more likely tend to notice Women when react so.

This, or there's a genetic imposition for adult female human towards younger specimen of the same gender.

Choose the option that you think is more true. ;)

gashcr
December 8th, 2009, 09:23 PM
It's tipycal in humans to behave intolerant in front of something that produces jealously. Many people seems to forget their past, and react pretty grumpy, cause they can only look at themselves with the eyes of the present. Now they're serious, "mature", and productive, they can't stand youthfull, careless funny people (which most young people are). And women, specially, tend to exteriorize this even more.

My advice: Keep being careless, and have fun. But never forget that you did it :D

Kingsley
December 8th, 2009, 09:25 PM
They're probably mad or jealous that their husbands are looking at younger women.

Starring_Emma
December 8th, 2009, 09:26 PM
If you're laughing and talking really loudly as if everyone wants in on your conversation, this may be why people act this way. I've seen teenage boys and girls act like this, and it's annoying either way. Actually, I've seen people older than 30 act like that, and that's just the worst.

People of all ages can be really annoying in public, come to think of it, but young people get blamed or labelled more for it.

This has nothing to do with teen aged girls being loud and annoying! Catty lady attacks are pretty much unprovoked, it happens to me and my friends a lot. It happens to a lot of teen aged girls, but not because we're being loud or dressing inappropriately. It's because adult women want to be the focus that they once were 10/15/20 years ago. When a teen age girl walks in to a room with out even saying a word the women will want to bite her head off if there's male attention around.

alphaniner
December 8th, 2009, 09:29 PM
It's just basic animal instincts with a semi-civilized veneer.

Starring_Emma
December 8th, 2009, 09:32 PM
They're probably mad or jealous that their husbands are looking at younger women.

THAT'S RIGHT!
Then they need to be catty at their husbands not us!

Mighty_Joe
December 8th, 2009, 09:35 PM
General fact: women (old and young) are bitchy towards each other.

Women enjoy drama. If they don't have drama, they will create it.

pwnst*r
December 8th, 2009, 09:36 PM

they're just jealous and wish they were young again. i wouldn't worry about it since they did the same at your age.

LowSky
December 8th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Physical proof of this occuring or it doesn't exist!
Sorry I've never seen or heard of a girl in their 20's getting annoyed at a teenager because they entered a room.

Marvin666
December 8th, 2009, 09:40 PM
THAT'S RIGHT!
Then they need to be catty at their husbands not us!
I think it's the fact that younger women tend to get noticed more. It doesn't matter if it's their husband or not, just that they aren't the one getting attention.

infestor
December 8th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Women are sexual dimorphismically evil

doas777
December 8th, 2009, 09:44 PM
not touching this thread with a 10' pole. any one of the groups discussed may come after me...

forrestcupp
December 8th, 2009, 09:45 PM
This has nothing to do with teen aged girls being loud and annoying! Catty lady attacks are pretty much unprovoked, it happens to me and my friends a lot. It happens to a lot of teen aged girls, but not because we're being loud or dressing inappropriately. It's because adult women want to be the focus that they once were 10/15/20 years ago. When a teen age girl walks in to a room with out even saying a word the women will want to bite her head off if there's male attention around.

From my observations as someone outside looking in, women do not treat all teenage girls that way. It's usually the teenage girls who bring it on themselves that get treated that way. I've seen plenty of women treating teenage girls respectfully. If you aren't bringing it on yourself, and women are treating you poorly, those women probably treat all people that way, not just teenage girls.

Sometimes women are jealous that they aren't young anymore, but I think that's rare. Usually women are remembering how immature they were when they were that age.

And you're wrong about men. We treat immature boys with the lack of respect that they deserve, as well. ;)

whiskeylover
December 8th, 2009, 09:46 PM

Well, when you realize that the world does not revolve around you, you'd realize that teen aged girls are equally to be blamed for the cattiness/bitchiness. Its not always that the older woman is jealous of your good looks, or the creamy skin or whatever it is that you think makes you better than them.

Starring_Emma
December 8th, 2009, 09:49 PM
they're just jealous and wish they were young again. i wouldn't worry about it since they did the same at your age.

Then that means that I will one day become a catty middle aged woman who hates teen aged girls because men won't pay attention to me the way they used to!

!!! IT'S INEVITABLE !!!

KiwiNZ
December 8th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Never noticed the behavior you are referring to .Then my wife is a very lively cheery person

Starring_Emma
December 8th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Physical proof of this occuring or it doesn't exist!
Sorry I've never seen or heard of a girl in their 20's getting annoyed at a teenager because they entered a room.

Then you don't spend very much time in rooms with ladys where an attractive teen aged girl walks in.

gashcr
December 8th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Then that means that I will one day become a catty middle aged woman who hates teen aged girls because men won't pay attention to me the way they used to!

!!! IT'S INEVITABLE !!!

Thankfully... Men get more attractive with age ;) (and, of course, wealth :p )

gashcr
December 8th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Then you don't spend very much time in rooms with ladys where an attractive teen aged girl walks in.

Well, I won't blame them... if you're the one in your avatar, I'm pretty sure many middle aged women would feel in danger ;)

Tipped OuT
December 8th, 2009, 10:02 PM

+1

It's just plain out annoying. I'm 15, and I can't even stand when people do things like that. I just want to yell out "Shad Da *beep* Up Alraday". :D

The Real Dave
December 8th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Old women are jealous and evil. Everyone knows they're the devil :)

john from dc
December 8th, 2009, 10:09 PM
thought: perhaps men and boys are just disproportionately nice to pretty young girls. making older women seem nastier by comparison.

SLEEPER_V
December 8th, 2009, 10:10 PM
i dont necessarily think its jealousy. In some cases it is pity. A grown woman should reach a point in life where they realize they can be sexy, attractive and fun loving in a more dignified way. They may pity or feel a sense of disgust about a pretty young girl acting like a prostitute or a terribly uncouth youth in public. In young girls defense, they really have very few good role models. In previous decades, Hollywood starlets were glamorous. These days they and all the pop stars dress like prostitutes.

Man, I seem really old. I'm 31, not 61, btw.

ibuclaw
December 8th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Never noticed the behavior you are referring to .Then my wife is a very lively cheery person

+1

If your parents are persistently being catty towards you - it really is because of your rebellious attitude.

Like this forum, people expect kindness and etiquette at all times - at least - in public areas (cafe, town centre, etc).
You are usually free to do whatever you want in private confinements (your bedroom) - unless your mother is the queen, then I'd expect things be different. :)

jwbrase
December 8th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Well, not being old or a woman, I can't answer the question directly, but there is something I have noticed about the ways that older and younger people relate that us young'uns tend to miss:

Older people have their regrets. If they haven't made big mistakes, they've seen friends make them, and are guaranteed to have made at least a few little mistakes of their own. When they see younger people repeating those mistakes (which aren't always obvious to younger people), they try their best to set the young whippersnappers straight, so that we don't waste our lives like they did theirs. But now, seeing their past mistakes as obvious, they can't remember why they ever didn't see them as obvious, and often aren't very gentle with younger people. Oftentimes this inspires a rebellious attitude which pushes us into the very mistakes they want us to avoid.

So these ladies probably aren't on your case because you're young and beautiful. They're probably on your case because you're young, beautiful, and squandering it all in the same way they did.

Starring_Emma
December 8th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Well, I won't blame them... if you're the one in your avatar, I'm pretty sure many middle aged women would feel in danger ;)

They should feel in danger...
I'VE GOT NINJA SKILLZ
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff229/emmaandbecca/emma-becca148.jpg

NoaHall
December 8th, 2009, 10:17 PM
[CENTER]They should feel in danger...
I'VE GOT NINJA SKILLZ

And this furthers your cause how?

forrestcupp
December 8th, 2009, 10:18 PM

Why are you encouraging her? That's exactly what she wants to hear. She's attractive. She's much more attractive than those old women. They're all jealous of her. They shouldn't be mean to her just because she's more attractive than they are.

It's that kind of attitude that really does annoy people.

dmizer
December 8th, 2009, 10:24 PM
First of all, thank you all for participating.

I don't really see this thread going anywhere positive, and I don't really see that there can be any realistic answer to the OP's question, so I am closing this thread.

Edit:
Really, my problem with this thread is the use of oversimplified generalizations regarding groups of people. As this is not in line with the Ubuntu Code of Conduct (http://ubuntuforums.org/index.php?page=policy), I feel that this thread should be closed.

Thank you.