PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick question regarding general courtesy and manners.

scratman
December 8th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I recently replied to a couple of threads on a different forum, arguing against the consensus of opinion of a large proportion of posters, setting out reasonable arguments disputing/disproving the opinions of those with whom I disagreed.

The thing is, I usually get a reply from this group within a few hours providing a counter-argument. This time, it's been 8 days since I posted a reply on one thread, and 16 on two others, and I have had no reply. Would you 'bump' it, or just rest on your laurels that you had put your case forward eloquently and conclusively?

whiskeylover
December 8th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Just let the thread die.

handy
December 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
Just let the thread die.

I agree.

Taking yourself too seriously in a forum is not a very intelligent attitude.

Best to treat it as though you had spent days writing a wiki, then overnight whilst your were sleeping, some other(s) go in & totally rewrite it, removing all that was valuable in your humble opinion.

Just add salt & move on... :)

sdowney717
December 8th, 2009, 09:08 PM
people dont need prompting to respond, if they want to respond they will.
you made you point known and that is that.

LowSky
December 8th, 2009, 09:23 PM
arguments generally end because one of the following reasons have occurred

1. The argument of one of the parties is correct, and is undisputed.
2. A party with a more pronounced military (or bank account) has beaten (or paid) the other party to silence.
3. No one cared to begin with, and making fun of the parties involved has become boring.