PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] blank screen after ordinary 9.04 update

InSearchOf
December 8th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Yesterday i did a routine-update which required system restart. After having done so, the entire system freezed a few minutes after i had logged in. I had to kill the system with the powerswitch. Now, when i turn the machine back on i only get a blank, black screen. No boot menu (i have multiboot with Vista), nothing. It seems like that the system is resuming from standby. All multimedia-led-buttons are responding. Have tried to boot from live-cd, and to connect an external monitor, but still no picture. So... i had to write this post from my htc hero. Please forgive me for the rather short post. Hoping for any help so that i can boot from "scratch". Computer is HP dv2000 series.
Thanks.

update:
I removed the battery and let the computer "rest" for a while. When booting up later i got the Grub-menu, so now i am able to start up. But still Ubuntu freezes after a while after log-in. Will try to do a clean install of 9.10.
Also Vista freezes. Common for both system is that a dark grey square appears next to the mouse pointer as the freeze happens.
Linux Kernel: 2.6.28-17