PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Ultimate Edition 2.5 Installation How-To 9.10

BAMF1501
December 8th, 2009, 06:22 AM
This is a simple how-to on how to install ultimate edition 2.5 this version is by far amazing best ubuntu distrubution i love it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9wpblV4bZ8

Exodist
December 8th, 2009, 08:10 AM
This kid needs speech therapy bad. Sounds like he is chewing his words.

SLEEPER_V
December 8th, 2009, 09:09 AM
I have 2.4 and its kinda cool. Its kind of a beast, but its not terribly slow and I have plenty of HDD space. Really introduces you to alot of packages that I otherwise wouldnt have seen. kind of the antithesis of the current lightweight os trend though.

BrokenKingpin
December 8th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I have never had any interest in this Ubuntu remix. It just seems overly bloated. I just find it far better to install regular Ubuntu and then install the additional software you want, that way you get something that better fits your need with out any aditional bloat.

NoaHall
December 8th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Doesn't it have Ultimatix(or whatever) install by default? That's not good.

SLEEPER_V
December 8th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Doesn't it have Ultimatix(or whatever) install by default? That's not good.

whats wrong with that?

NoaHall
December 8th, 2009, 09:00 PM
whats wrong with that?

Check out what it does to your sources. And check out its install method.

BAMF1501
December 8th, 2009, 09:02 PM
This kid needs speech therapy bad. Sounds like he is chewing his words.

its just how i talk

SLEEPER_V
December 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Check out what it does to your sources. And check out its install method.

i'm a noob. can you spell it out?

NoaHall
December 8th, 2009, 09:03 PM
i'm a noob. can you spell it out?

It makes a big mess :)

SLEEPER_V
December 8th, 2009, 09:09 PM
It makes a big mess :)
lol. well that I can deal with. I thought it really screwed stuff up. I just used it and so far its fine.

The distro is 'bloated' however those that are new to ubuntu might like it because they have the opportunity to, for example, compare amarok to rhythmbox just after install.

NoaHall
December 8th, 2009, 09:10 PM
lol. well that I can deal with. I thought it really screwed stuff up. I just used it and so far its fine.

The distro is 'bloated' however those that are new to ubuntu might like it because they have the opportunity to, for example, compare amarok to rhythmbox just after install.

Well, it also installs things in a bad way, which isn't good at all. Could cause major damage.

cariboo
December 8th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Have a look at this (http://qense.nl/ubuntu-nl-warns-for-ultimatix) blog post. I wasn't aware that it was still around, but as the successor to Automatix, I would stay as far away as possible from it. Ultimatix/Automatix seems to be an easy way to install codecs and media programs, that weren't in the repositories when it was created. There is no need for anything like that anymore, as almost everything is in the repositories.

SLEEPER_V
December 8th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Have a look at this (http://qense.nl/ubuntu-nl-warns-for-ultimatix) blog post. I wasn't aware that it was still around, but as the successor to Automatix, I would stay as far away as possible from it. Ultimatix/Automatix seems to be an easy way to install codecs and media programs, that weren't in the repositories when it was created. There is no need for anything like that anymore, as almost everything is in the repositories.

ah, valid points all.